Recipe for a Homemade Weedkiller

I need a homemade weedkiller that will get rid of burdock, stinging nettles and bull thistles. Our farm is getting overrun with this stuff and my back is aching from digging and pulling all spring!

Beverly from Barre, VT

Recipe for a Homemade Weedkiller

I found this recipe:

Mix 1 gallon white vinegar with 1# salt and a generous squirt of lemon dish detergent. Mix in a water can. Sprinkle on unwanted weeds.

I didn't mix the whole recipe, but I did mix a little and poured it on some dandelions and they died. I also tried to pour boiling water on some weeds, and it did not kill them. Just stunted them some. (06/05/2008)

Recipe for a Homemade Weedkiller

There's a propane torch designed for torching the tops and stems of weeds. That might work, eventually, and it might save your back. Or, do you know someone with a goat that could be corralled on your land? (06/05/2008)

By Nance

Recipe for a Homemade Weedkiller

Homemade Weed Killer:

4 litre jug of vinegar
1 cup of salt

Take a cup of vinegar out of the jug, pour in the salt, shake to dissolve the salt. Pour the cup of vinegar back in the jug. This will kill all weeds, so be careful not to put on anything you want to keep. (06/06/2008)

Recipe for a Homemade Weedkiller

Thank you for ideas. Thinking of getting some goats again but the way people drive I wouldn't dare put them near the edge of the road where a lot of the burdock are located. (06/06/2008)

By woodswytch

Recipe for a Homemade Weedkiller

Sorry, my goats never would eat a single bite of nettles or stickery things, except for blackberries. I used to use a scythe, one of those tools that the Grim Reaper carries. Mowing before seed-fall helps. And I poured boiling water under the electric fence (turned off, duh). The more you treat the pasture grasses right, the more they predominate and the undesirable weeds get crowded out. (06/08/2008)

By kimhis

Homemade Weed Killer Recipes
Homemade Weed Killer Recipes
Salt and Vinegar Weed Killer Recipe
Salt and Vinegar Weed Killer Recipe
Tofu on Plate with White Background
Homemade Tofu Recipes
Pastel swirled marshmallows in various shapes.
Making Homemade Marshmallows
Killing Weeds With Vinegar
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 17, 2016 at 7:19:21 PM on in 952 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.