Recipes Using Cod

Category Fish
Raw Cod
Cod is a mild flavored, flaky white fish that lends itself to many recipes. This page contains recipes using cod.

Recipes

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.

The fish itself can be baked or grilled in a foil boat in a single layer, for about 8 minutes for 1 inch thick fillets, instead of frying. The marinade glaze would be tasty for shrimp, chicken and pork too! Do not worry about reusing a marinade for glaze or sauce when it's being cooked at a slow boil because it will be quite safe! Serve over a bed of rice of your choice and enjoy.

Directions:

In a shallow glass dish, stir together the honey, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, ginger, garlic, and olive oil. Season fish fillets with salt and pepper, and place them into the dish. Cover, and refrigerate for 20 minutes to marinate. (Do not over marinade)

Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Remove fish from the dish, and reserve marinade. Fry fish for 4 to 6 minutes on each side, turning only once, until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove fillets to a serving platter and keep warm.

Pour reserved marinade into the same skillet and heat over medium heat. Cook until the mixture reduces to a glaze consistency, about 5 minutes (Depending on your stove and skillet you may need to slightly reduce heat so as not to burn the sauce).

Place fish over rice on serving plates, spoon glaze over fish and rice, and serve.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Quick and easy. A tasty, healthy meal with just a smidgen of effort and time. And, of course, you can bake instead of microwave. ;-)

Ingredients

Directions

Place cod fillets in a small microwavable casserole dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place onion and tomato on cod. Sprinkle with lime juice and oil. Loosely cover and microwave on High until fish flakes easily with fork, about four or five minutes.

Serve cod and tomatoes with avocado, lime wedges, and rice or baked potatoes.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Ingredients

• 1 lb. cooked cod fillets
  • 2 cups mashed potatoes
  • salt and pepper
  • nutmeg
  • 1 egg
  • dried bread crumbs
  • oil for deep frying
  • lettuce leaves
  • 1 lemon

Directions

Finely grind cod, or blend in a food processor until coarse fine, then mix with potatoes in a large bowl. Season well with salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg. Make small round or oval shapes of the mixture. Lightly beat egg in a bowl. Dip croquettes in egg, then bread crumbs.

Heat oil in deep fryer at 360 degrees F. Add croquettes and fry for about 5 minutes or until golden. Remove croquettes and drain on paper towels. Pile them up on a bed of lettuce with pieces of lemon between. Serve with tomato sauce.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Eat-N-Park has this fish dish they serve called Nantucket Cod that is delicious. It's in a butter sauce and the fish has spinach, crab meat, garlic, bread crumbs, etc. I was wondering if anyone has a similar recipe like this. Has anyone ever had it? The fish is so soft and tender it just melts in your mouth. Try it!

Mandi from Erie

Answers

MANDI FROM ERIE,

IF YOU COULD GIVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS I COULD SEND YOU A RECIPE I CAME UP WITH THAT TASTES JUST LIKE THE ONE AT THE RESTAURANT, JUST WITHOUT THE SHRIMP.

Rita would you please share that recipe for nantucket cod that you have? I would really appreciate it

Thanks

Karen

Hi Oh gosh that would be great! I take it you like that dish too there? Thanks so much here is my address.

mlfota AT yahoo.com

Looking to find someone who can give me the recipe for that fantastic Nantucket Cod!

My e-mail is:

NousChristou (a) yahoo.com

Thank You!

I would love to have this recipe. If anyone has it my e-mail is mister AT atlanticbb.net

If anyone with the recipe sees this, please e-mail it to tsienal at hotmail.com

I would also like the recipe for eat n park nantucket cod. my email address is dtsusak AT aol.com thanks

OMG, I just had this dish tonite at Eat N' Park and it is fabulous. If the recipe is available, please send it to me also. roborjoanne at yahoo.com

Thanks!

I work there, and here's what we use for the stuffing:

creamed spinach

Mrs. smiths seafood sensations

cheddar cheese sauce

mozzarella cheese

Ritz cracker crumbs

Place about 2oz of the mix on a 4 oz piece of cod, then top with a mixture of Ritz cracker crumbs (finely crushed or they will burn) Parmesan cheese and butter, ladle on 1/2 oz of melted butter and bake.

Does anyone know what Mrs. Smith's seafood sensations is or a receipe with a substitute for this?

According to a web search, Seafood Sensations is a food service mixture of shrimp and imitation crabmeat.

Did anyone get the recipe from Rita? Could Rita, if you still post on here, or anyone forward the recipe along to me. Thanks in advance! :^)

Rita ... I would love this recipe as well. Could you forward it to my email - tamann921 AT yahoo.com. Thanks in advance! :^)

Scott

if anyone has the eat n park recipe for the nantucket cod or any recipe like it please email to me l_weir86 AT hotmail.com Thanks!

Rita, My email address is ginaquinns AT live.com If you can and see this, could you please send me the recipe! Thank you so much!

Would love the recipe you found for Nantucket Cod. Thanks. Maryann McGonigle

Would appreciate the similar eat & park Nantucket cod recipe if possible.

Ok I give the hell up can I Please have the recipe for nan tucked cod

I would love the recipe you came up with. I really liked this fish! Thank you

I am looking for a recipe for butter sauce and parsley sauce suitable for boil-in-the bag hake. Something like the cod ones you can get in the UK. I would appreciate it if anyone has something. Thanks.

By Sammy K

I would suggest using about a 1/2 tablespoon of butter (either melted or dot with solid pieces of butter) on each filet of fish. Sprinkle generously with parsley then put in bag and bake. That's what I do and they turn out great.

Does anyone have a copycat recipe for this cod recipe? Please post if you do. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

By Cindy

I love the Eat N Park Nantucket cod and the baked cod. I would like to find the recipes. Also, will any cod do?

By Cheryl