Recipes Using Corn Chips

Corn Chips in Vegan Nachos
Nachos are a favorite recipe that uses tortilla chips, but there are other creative ways to use them. This is a guide about recipes using corn chips.

What do you do with the broken corn chips at the bottom of the bag? I'm sick of throwing them out into the compost. Sometimes half the bag seems to be crumbs. I've tried crushing them and adding them to my bread baking, but I don't like the final result. Any reasonable suggestions welcome. I'm basically a whole foods cook and this is about the closest I get to prepared food.

By quiltmum from Canada

I make Frito Chili Pie. It doesn't matter that the chips are crumbled up.

Frito Chili Pie

fritoes

chili

cheese

onion

Layer in ingredients into a casserole dish (size depends upon size you want to make). Bake in oven at 350 degrees F. until hot all the way through. My family loves it.

You can also use them on top of your favorite casserole dishes in place of bread crumbs! I use what I have on hand. Crushed chips of any kind that I think will complement the dish, bread crumbs, or cracker crumbs of any type!

When my son was in primary school, the class made potato chip cookies. Unfortunately I don't have the recipe anymore (after 25+ years I don't know why!), but I'm sure it would be available somewhere on the internet. Hope this helps a little bit.

I grind them up in my food processor and use them like bread crumbs for breading fish and chicken.