Recipes Using Cranberry Sauce

Cranberry sauce and relish is not just a condiment for holiday turkey. This page contains recipes using cranberry sauce.

Cranberry sauce on toast.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Cranberry SauceYou can use canned cranberry sauce for the following ideas but I make my own and it works just as well. I absolutely love cranberries so I've naturally done all the ideas listed.

Soak raisins and chopped dried apricots in rum or brandy for half an hour. Add to cranberry sauce. Heat and drizzle over ice cream or frozen yogurt.

Season sauce with Worcestershire, chopped garlic, and basil or sage. Great over pork or turkey burgers.

Top a cocktail bread square or large, thick cracker with a slice of sharp cheddar. Spoon on a little cranberry sauce mixed with sliced green onion.

Stir cranberry sauce with chutney to give an added layer of flavor. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Serve with pork.

Finely chop candied ginger and stir into sauce. Spoon atop a big wedge of warm brie.

Partially fill frozen mini-tart shells with crumbed blue cheese or a flavorful grated cheese. Bake as directed. Top with sauce. Sprinkle with chopped fresh mint or parsley, if desired.

Mix in generous pinches of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice to the sauce. Fill the centers of cored pear or apple halves and bake for about a half-hour at 350 degrees F.

Simmer sauce with a little curry paste. Excellent as a dipping sauce for kebabs.

Stir coarsely chopped clementines and finely chopped apple or pear into sauce. Does wonders for rotisserie chicken or pork chops.

Add dashes of Tabasco and a few drizzles of balsamic vinegar. Heat frozen meatballs and coat with sauce.

Source: Chatelaine magazine

By sooz from Toronto, ON

Editor's Note: What other uses have you found for cranberries and cranberry sauce besides turkey? Post them here!

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Last year Woman's Day magazine printed a fantastic holiday recipe made with jello, cranberry sauce, pineapple, etc. All ingredients were poured into paper muffin cups. Help. I lost the recipe.

By libra47 from Lisle, IL

Recently, someone posted a recipe for slow cooker pork chops in which one dumps a can of whole berry cranberry sauce over the chops and cooks it in a slow cooker. I thought I had saved it, but and can't find it. It was so easy and now I have the ingredients! Help!

CayC from Green Cove Springs, FL

I tried it the other day when I needed some cranberry juice, so, I tried it in the blender with one can of cranberry sauce and 3 cups of water, and it tasted great, it had a foam at the beginning, but, overnight, the foam was gone. The juice is still good tasting and clear.

Anyway, if the cost is good, try making a quart of cranberry juice. It has mostly only cranberries in there, and some corn syrup, so, some may not want that, but, in a pinch, and the price wasn't too bad, give it a try.

Source: I just thought I'd try it, and it does work well.

By kas2 from Rockford, MI

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I need (quickly) recipes to help use up some leftover cranberry sauce. I was to take 3 cans worth to a church dinner. I had some left over, and so did another lady who then put hers into my bowl. I hate to waste it, but my family won't eat it. Any ideas what I can do with it so that they will eat it?

April from Northwest MO

Answers:

Recipes Using Canned Cranberry Sauce

Put Tip or Request Here

Answers:

Recipes Using Canned Cranberry Sauce

• 4 boneless chicken breasts
  • 8 oz. Catalina dressing
  • 1 package of dry onion soup mix
  • one 1lb. can whole cranberry sauce

Mix together dressing, onion mix, and cranberry sauce. Freeze chicken and mixture in bag.
On serving day, thaw completely, place chicken mixture in greased baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours uncovered. (11/30/2006)

By Sharon

Recipes Using Canned Cranberry Sauce

Here's a cranberry sauce recipe I found and tried the other day. Yum. I used it with some black raspberry jam I had made. It would work with any thick fruit spread.

Cranberry Sauce Bars

• 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup oatmeal
  • 2/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1 cup whole cranberry sauce, drained

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients: flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, baking powder, and melted butter, until crumbly (large crumbs). Reserve 1 cup of the crumb mixture. Press the remainder into an ungreased 8 or 9 inch square pan. Spoon and spread the cranberry sauce over the crumb mixture. Sprinkle with the reserved crumbs and gently pat.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and cut in bars. (Store in the refrigerator.)

Makes 16-24 bars.

NOTE: Recipe may be doubled and mincemeat may substitute for the cranberry sauce.
(11/30/2006)

By Cindy Bailey

Recipes Using Canned Cranberry Sauce

Measure the amount of cranberry sauce that you have if it is not a full can. Combine with an equal amount of ketchup or spaghetti sauce or barbecue sauce, and heat over low heat until combined. Use as a sauce over pork or chicken. You can also heat sliced sausage or hot dogs in it and serve over rice. (12/01/2006)

By Jean

Recipes Using Canned Cranberry Sauce

SWEET SOUR MEAT BALLS

• 2 lbs ground beef
  • 1 cup bread crumbs
  • 1 envelope onion soup mix
  • 3 eggs

Mix all together to form 36 meat balls. Place meat balls in 9X13 pan, or appropriate casserole.
Mix following ingredients to form sauce to pour over meatballs.

• 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 can sauerkraut
  • 1 can whole cranberry sauce
  • 1 jar chili sauce
  • 1 jar water-using chili sauce jar

Bake at 325 for about 2 hours. Less time for glass dish.

CRANBERRY SALAD

• 1 can whole cranberry sauce
  • 1 can pineapple tidbits (reserve juice)
  • 2 small package cherry Jello
  • 1 cup pineapple juice (add water to make 1 cup)
  • 1 cup boiling water
  • 1 cup finely chopped celery
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts (if desired)

Dissolve Jello in boiling water. Add pineapple juice, then cranberries, stir til dissolved. Let set some, then add rest of ingredients. Can put in a mold or bowl.

Mary from Lake Geneva, WI (12/01/2006)

By WIsgal

Recipes Using Canned Cranberry Sauce

Cranberry Stuffing
This is great side dish with pork.

Chop 1 large stalk of celery, 1 medium apple, and 1 medium onion. Saute in 1 Tbsp of butter until tender. Add to 3 cups of bread cubes and 1 tsp of savory leaves.

Combine 1/2 cup of whole berry cranberry sauce with 2 Tbsp of brown sugar, 1 Tbsp of frozen orange juice concentrate and a sprinkle of fresh ground pepper. Heat in a small pan until sugar is dissolved. Add to bread mixture and mix well. Bake in a greased casserole dish at 375 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes uncovered. (12/02/2006)

By Donna

Recipes Using Canned Cranberry Sauce

I've fried a few chicken breasts in a butter/oil mixture, then remove them from the pan once cooked. Add a tablespoon or two of cranberry sauce to the juices, and stir with a wooden spoon until melted. Pour over the chicken breasts and serve with whatever sides you like, although vegetables such as corn go very well with this dish. (12/13/2006)

By Cathy

Recipes Using Canned Cranberry Sauce

EZ Cool Cranberry Salad

• 1 (20 oz. can) crushed pineapple (drained)
  • 1 (16 oz. can) whole berry cranberry sauce
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup Splenda (to taste)

Mix thoroughly. Spoon into muffin cups. Freeze at least 3 hours or until firm. Remove from freezer 30 minutes before serving and place in refrigerator. Or leave in a serving bowl. Serves 6-8.

(I received compliments when I took this to a ladies' luncheon). Very good.
(07/25/2007)

By badwater

(12/04/2007)

By Laurel_admin

Recipes Using Canned Cranberry Sauce

Cranberry Jello

• 1 package any kind red Jello
  • 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
  • 1 can cranberry sauce
  • 1 apple, diced
  • 3/4 cup Pineapple juice

First dissolve the Jello in hot water as the directions state. Then instead of adding cold water, you add the pineapple juice. Then add the cranberry sauce and mix well. Finally add the apples and walnuts. Chill. As is starts to firm, you may want to stir it a little so the apples and walnuts don't collect at the bottom. My family hates cranberry sauce, but they can't get enough of this cranberry jello. (12/04/2007)

By Amyrojo5903

Recipes Using Canned Cranberry Sauce

You might find something you like here...

oceanspray.com

(12/04/2007)

By Marta

Recipes Using Canned Cranberry Sauce

Cranberry Cream

• 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce, cut into chunks
  • 1 small can evaporated milk
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans

Put all ingredients, except pecans, in a blender. Process on "high" until all is blended. Pour into a mixing bowl and mix in pecans. Pour into individual or 1 large gelatin mold (or any other freezer safe container). Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight. To serve: let sit at room temperature 10 minutes. Invert over a plate. If it doesn't come out dip the mold up to the rim in hot water.

This tastes like strawberry ice cream.

(12/04/2007)

By perfume and powder

Recipes Using Canned Cranberry Sauce

You can mix it with Heinz Chili Sauce and make sweet and sour meatballs (heat up some frozen meatballs in this mixture). Not sure of amounts, but it was in a recent magazine and I'm sure it can be found on either the Heinz website or Ocean Spray's website. (12/06/2007)

By Laurie

Recipes Using Canned Cranberry Sauce

Make Cranberry Bliss: This is my own recipe, we had a similar incident. Take the cranberry sauce and whirl it in the blender. Take a package of cream cheese and cream it, mix in the cranberries. Add 1-2 cups whipped topping. Put it into a nice clear bowl. Top it with walnut halves in a nice circular pattern. My family had this for dessert all this week and didn't tire of it.
(12/06/2007)

By Laura

Recipes Using Canned Cranberry Sauce

I had one can of apple pie filling and needed something to extend it to fit a 9 inch pie shell. All I had was a can of jellied cranberry sauce, so I mashed it with a potato masher, added it to the apple pie filling, mixed well, poured into the pie shell, topped it with the other pie shell, put it in the oven, and baked it as recommended for baking apple pies. Turned out delicious. We liked it better than plain apple pies. (12/06/2007)

By Sallie

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Recipes AdviceDecember 28, 2012
Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
Chopsticks Picking up Piece of Teriyaki Chicken
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce Recipes
Homemade pizaa sauce.
Pizza Sauce Recipes
Cranberry Sauce Recipes, Stemmed bowl of cranberry sauce.
Cranberry Sauce Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 27, 2016 at 10:23:29 AM on 10.0.2.139 in 937 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.