Recipes Using Leftover Turkey

I'm looking for good recipes for leftover turkey. I have good ones for chili, soup, enchiladas, and tacos, but want some variety. I bought a big turkey breast when Kroger had them for $1 a pound and want to make the best use of it without having to buy lots of other ingredients.

Cheryl from Phoenix

Answers:

Recipes Using Leftover Turkey

This one calls for deli turkey, but I have used leftover turkey just fine.

Turkey Cranberry Croissants

• 1 - 8 oz pkg cream cheese (or use the spreadable type, much easier)
  • 1/4 cup orange marmalade
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
  • 1 can whole cranberry jelly
  • deli turkey slices or thinly sliced turkey
  • leaf lettuce
  • 6 croissants

Blend together cream cheese, orange marmalade, and pecans. Spread on bottom of croissant. Add 2 deli turkey slices, spread some of the cranberry jelly and top with leaf lettuce.
(03/16/2009)

By wife2jfbuilder

Recipes Using Leftover Turkey

B-B-Q Turkey Sandwiches (a great way to use leftover Turkey!)

• 1 cup catsup
  • 2 Tbsp. vinegar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire or Soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup b-b-q sauce, your choice
  • 1/2 tsp. celery salt
  • 1/4 tsp. chili powder
  • 1 cup tomato juice, or 1 can tomato soup
  • 1 onion, chopped, (opt)

Mix all ingredients together and pour over turkey that has been roasted and either cut up or shredded. Heat before serving.

Note: This is a great recipe for the crock-pot and excellent for sandwiches for a large group. Double the recipe for a whole turkey.
(03/16/2009)

By wife2jfbuilder

Recipes Using Leftover Turkey

OK, My mom always would make this, it was my favorite part about having a turkey (although, when I share this recipe, people snub their noses at it, not sure why).

Anyway, using leftover gravy, (I pour the juices out before I baste the turkey with sweet honey, mix, etc.) I thin it out a bit while heating it up with pieces of leftover turkey (I like a good amount of turkey to gravy, but its up to you). I then put it over waffles, but I have heard of people putting over egg noodles, bread, etc. I just always had it over waffles. (Eggo buttermilk, if I don't make them myself). Mom (and myself now), also did this with the leftover ham and gravy.(03/16/2009)

By wife2jfbuilder

Recipes Using Leftover Turkey

Variation on wife2jfbuilder's post. We call it turkey hash; steam the carcass after taking off the meat left there. Chop that with scraps from the bird. Add any juices or gelatin. Fry/saute onion and celery; herb/spice to your choice. Add only enough turkey stock from the steamed carcass to make a lumpy slurry. Thicken with cold water/flour mix shaken in a jar, try 2Tbsp/2Tbsp., simmer and serve on rice or (best) hard toast. (03/16/2009)

By tennesue

Recipes Using Leftover Turkey

This is good, 4 cups turkey, 2 cans of cream of chicken soup or mushroom, 2 or 3 cups of stuffing, leftover or a box of instant. Mix together and bake 350 for 45 minutes. You can use this recipe for chicken, pork chops. (03/16/2009)

By monday67

Recipes Using Leftover Turkey

Turkey Pot Pie

• Turkey meat
  • Garlic powder
  • 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 3/4 cup skim milk
  • 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
  • 1/4 tsp. onion salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1 can crescent rolls

Directions:

Sprinkle turkey with garlic powder and cook on stove top with a little water. Be sure to flip the meat several times while cooking. Cook until done then allow to cool. Dice the meat.
Mix meat, soups, milk, Miracle Whip and spices. Add meat mixture to crock-pot then cover it with crescent roll dough.

Cover and cook on low for 6 hours then prop open the lid (with a wooden spoon if necessary) and cook on high for 30 minutes to release the condensation and allow the crescent rolls to brown a bit on top.
(03/17/2009)

By rjwilcox

Recipes Using Leftover Turkey

I make Turkey Divan. For 4, steam fresh broccoli, put on the bottom of a greased casserole dish, then a layer of cooked turkey, cut into bite size pieces. In a bowl mix 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of curry powder, mix until smooth, put on top of the turkey, cover with shredded cheddar cheese. Bake until bubbly and cheese is melted. Cook at 325, cover if you want. Can make with chicken too. (03/17/2009)

By eileen-e

Recipes Using Leftover Turkey

Whenever I roast a turkey I make this with left overs. Layer of cut up turkey in casserole.
layer of left over dressing (or make stove top) cover with left over gravy mixed with 1 can cream of mushroom soup. I poke holes to get liquid down into the turkey and dressing. Bake at 350 for about 45-60 minutes, til bubbly hot.

If you don't have left over gravy, buy a jar or package mix and make gravy. If you have good dressing, you will have a good casserole dish. I like to assemble this the day I roast the turkey, and freeze for a little later. I just put in oven frozen, so takes a little longer to get bubbly hot. If you have cranberry/orange relish in freezer, goes good with it. (03/17/2009)

By WIsgal

Recipes Using Leftover Turkey

Here is a great way to use turkey or chicken.

Turkey or Chicken Barbecue

We use this word "barbecue" loosely for this recipe. It is in a clear gravy type sauce that is flavorful and delicious, not red sauce.

• 1 - 12 to 15 pound turkey OR 2 large (about 5 pounds each) chickens
  • 1 large onion sliced in rings
  • 3 - 4 stalks chopped celery
  • 2 jars chicken or turkey gravy or homemade gravy

Place onions and celery a black enamel roaster, and place chicken or turkey on top of vegetables and cook till tender. Cook for about 3 or 4 hours at 300 degrees till tender, like tender enough to pull apart with forks like pulled pork.

Remove chicken or turkey from the roaster. When poultry is cool enough to handle, shred the meat back into the black roaster. Leave the broth from the cooked turkey in the roaster and also the onion and celery. Pour in 3 cups homemade gravy or 2 jars of chicken or turkey gravy. Return to roaster for an hour or so to meld the flavors. Serve on a Kaiser bun or your favorite roll.

Hint: When serving, use a slotted spoon to keep your roll from being to soggy, or eat it with a fork open faced. Delicious.

Linda (03/17/2009)

By quickcooker

Recipes Using Leftover Turkey

I have substituted leftover turkey in place of tuna in some casseroles. I also like to grind or food process leftover turkey with mayo, pickle relish (either sweet or dill) to make a sandwich spread, just like chicken salad or tuna. Spread on bread, add cheese if you like. Serve cold or as grilled sandwiches. Served cold add lettuce, sprouts, other condiments, sliced tomato etc. I like to add cranberry sauce, and mix horseradish into the mayo. (03/18/2009)

By Supertemp

Recipes Using Leftover Turkey

I tried the Turkey Divan recipe, but used frozen cut broccoli with the really chunky parts picked out. I added about a cup of leftover canned baby potatoes cut into cubes. If I did a half cup of mayo, I wouldn't have any left, so I substituted a third of a cup of mayo and the rest sour cream. We had jellied cranberry sauce on the side and I had to hide the leftovers to keep my foodie husband from eating all of it. It was yummy. Thank you. (03/18/2009)

By Orange Kitty

Leftover Turkey Sandwich
Recipes Using Leftover Turkey
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Turkey dumpling soup with carrots.
Leftover Turkey Soup Recipes
A cooked turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in a Slow Cooker (Crockpot)
Carving a Turkey
Using Your Turkey Bones for Soup
🎉
🎄