Recipes for Healthy Hair

I would like to know if someone has a homemade recipe to make my hair healthy and grow fast. I would like to have long hair. If you do, please post it here.

Thanks a lot,
Hanouda from St. Louis, MO

Answers:

Recipe for Healthy Hair

Hate to tell you this . . . but hair is dead. The cells stop growing when they reach the level of your scalp, so there is nothing other than general good health that will make your hair grow faster. (06/29/2006)

By Katie A.

Recipe for Healthy Hair

Research has show bald men can regrow hair if they take 5000mg of folic acid daily. If it works for them, it will work for women too. (06/29/2006)

By Cheryl

Recipe for Healthy Hair

I have had two experiences with hair loss and my hair actually stopped growing - I had hypothyroid disease.

My herb books mention that there are several herbs to help with hair loss. I used horsetail because the book actually said it would grow hair! I took two capsules three times a day, and in about three weeks my hair started to grow and get thick. I thought it was my imagination, but my hairdresser was amazed. A lady overheard me at my hairdresser and she used it with the same great results! However, another lady used it with no luck.

Herbs are medicine and shouldn't be treated lightly. However, that said, there are many herbs used for hair growth. Try and see!

Also, my sister told me that taking 1000mg of biotin per day helps hair stop falling out. I'm trying to remember to take it every day! But when I do take it consistently, I swear, my hair is falling out less and less!
(09/07/2007)

By metroplex

Recipe for Healthy Hair

It's called Apple A Day conditioner. First, you cut up 1 or 2 large apples into cubes, than add some vinegar, 2 cups of water and shampoo/soap, ( as much as you would like. Blend it. WOW! Shiny, healthy hair, everything you need.
(03/09/2008)

By Anonymous

Hair Food Cocktail

Hair Food cocktail. The following drink contains protein, choline, inositol, pantothenic acid, biotin, vitamin E and Zinc. The seven ingredients nutritionists most often recommend for growing healthy hair;

• 8 fl oz. orange juice
  • 3 Tbsp. wheat germ
  • 3 Tbsp. brewers yeast
  • 1 Tbsp. lecithin crystals
  • 1 tsp. vitamin C crystrals
  • honey to taste (optional)
(06/06/2008)

By Wayle

Recipe for Healthy Hair
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎉
🎄