Swiss Roll Cake Recipes

Category Cakes
Swiss Roll Cake
A quick and versatile cake roll that can be filled with a variety of ingredients. This page containst Swiss roll cake recipes.

Cake:
  • 5 medium egg whites
  • 5 medium egg yolks lightly beaten
  • 1 cups powdered sugar
  • 3 Tbsp. cocoa
Icing:
  • 3 Tbsp. milk, vitamin D
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 Tbsp. cocoa
Whipped Cream Filling:
  • 1 cup whipping cream
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 to 4 Tbsp. powdered sugar

• Crisco all vegetable shortening (to grease pan)
  • flour (to flour pan)
  • wax paper (to line the pan)

Directions:

Beat egg whites until frothy. Add one cup confectioners sugar and beat until stiff. Add three tablespoons cocoa and mix well. Fold in egg yolks. Grease a 10x15 inch jelly roll pan with vegetable shortening. Line the bottom of a pan with a sheet of wax paper, then grease and flour the wax paper and the inside of the rest of the pan. Spread the cake mixture evenly in the pan and bake twenty minutes at 375 degrees F

While the cake bakes, combine the milk, one cup of powdered sugar, and one tablespoon cocoa to make icing. Blend until smooth.

Sprinkle powdered sugar over a clean dish towel, and turn out the baked cake onto it. Cover the cake with a second dish towel dampened with water until the cake cools.

Mix the whipped cream filling - beat whipping cream and vanilla extract until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form.

Spread the whipped cream over the top of the cake.

Roll up both ends of the cake toward the center, creating two rolls. Cut the rolls apart, cut each roll in half, and frost with icing.

By Raymond

Has anyone ever made rolls that are similar to Little Debbie's Swiss Cake Rolls. I love those and wish I could make some if I had the recipe. Thanks in advance.

By crochet1-half from PA

Check out this website. http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/

I know he has copied Twinkies, maybe he's done Little Debbies too! Click "recipes" on the left. They are in alphabetical order.

If you check the top secret recipe website, you'll find free recipes and others you have to pay for. At one time all of their recipes were free but not now.

I don't know how close this is but:

http://answers.  311121356AApwo6A

I notice it did not include the choc coating.

If you'd want to try something similar that's delicious and probably less work to make than the rolls, do a search for a whoopie pie recipe. These are sandwich cookies with a cake-like texture and a creamy filling. Sorry I don't have a link handy to a good recipe; maybe someone else would post one.

I found the same link already posted. I suppose you could dip the whole thing in chocolate afterwards?

I use a recipe called "Gobs" that I cut out of a newspaper years ago. Cooks.com has several recipes for Gobs. These sandwich cookies have a cake-like texture and the filling is really, really creamy. My family loves them!

Anonymous

I found this recipe in an old book haven't tried it yet

Little Debbie Swiss Roll Cakes

Cake

5 medium egg whites

5 medium egg yolks lightly beaten

1 cups powdered sugar

3 Tbs cocoa

Icing:

3 Tbs milk, vitamin D

1 cup powdered sugar

1 Tbs cocoa

Whipped Cream Filling

1 cup whipping cream

1 tsp vanilla extract

2 to 4 Tbs powdered sugar

Crisco all vegetable shortenning (to grease pan)

flour (to flour pan)

wax paper (to line the pan)

1. Beat egg whites until frothy. Add one cup confectioners' sugar and beat until stiff. Add three tablespoons cocoa and mix well. Fold in egg yolks. Grease a ten by fifteen inch jelly roll pan with vegetable shortening. Line the bottom of a pan with a sheet of wax paper, then grease and flour the wax paper and the inside of the rest of the pan. Spread the cake mixture evenly in the pan and bake twenty minutes at 375 F

2. While the cake bakes combine the milk, one cup of powdered sugar, and one tablespoon cocoa to make icing. Blend until smooth.

3. Sprinkle powdered sugar over a clean dish towel, and turn out the baked cake on it. Cover the cake with a second dish towel dampened with water until the cake cools.

4. Mix the whipped cream: Beat whipping cream and vanilla extract until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form.

5. Spread the whipped cream over the top of the cake.

6. Roll up both ends of the cake toward the center, creating two rolls. Cut the rolls apart, cut each roll in half, and frost with icing.

Servings: 4

Nutrition Facts

Serving size: 1/4 of a recipe (5.1 ounces).

Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.

Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients.

Amount Per Serving

Calories 343.78

Calories From Fat (75%) 258.3

% Daily Value

Total Fat 29.24g 45%

Saturated Fat 16.69g 83%

Cholesterol 341.51mg 114%

Sodium 116.66mg 5%

Potassium 262mg 7%

Total Carbohydrates 12.35g 4%

Fiber 1.79g 7%

Sugar 7.08g

Protein 11.02g 22%

Anonymous

A couple things about the recipe I posted:

1. It came from a book Joey greens Incredible Country store dated 2004.

2. This recipe uses chocolate as given in the recipe.

How do you make a perfect Swiss roll mix?

By Julie