I am looking for recipes for the Xpress 101, besides the cookbook. Thank you.
By clutterfree from Charleston, SC
Recipes for Xpress 101
I love my GT Express. It worked great for a year, but then the coating started chipping off. I still use it for sandwiches (dry foods), but I can't make omelets anymore, the coating sticks to the egg. But when it was good, it was amazing.
My own creations:
- grilled cheese sandwiches: Take a slice of bread and 1/2 piece of American cheese (or whole), fold bread in half with cheese in center and put on one side. Make another for other side. Make tomato soup on stove or microwave.
- breakfast sandwich:
- soft taco
- scramble egg with a splash of milk
- shredded cheddar cheese
- optional salsa
- pour scrambled egg into basin
- sprinkle with cheddar
- when cooked, put into soft taco with topping
- Corn puppies
- corn bread mix(Jiffy $0.50) plus milk and egg to prepare it
- sliced hot dogs
- prep mix
- pour batter in to cover bottom
- evenly space sliced hot dogs
- drop a little more batter to fill it
- now you have a hand held meal
Those are my favorites. So cheap. Just explore and create.
By Starchild in VT