Recipes for a Dog With Allergies

Does anyone know a good, easy, hypo-allergenic dog food recipe for Boxers? I have an eight year old Boxer. He recently developed allergies, but all his blood work normal. I would really like to make his dog food at home. I would like to start with a grain free recipe. Any help would be truly appreciated.

By Val-RN from Pittsburgh, PA

Answers:

Recipes for a Dog With Allergies

After finding allergies, making several vet visits, I started doing my own research through my friends. I found a brand called Countrypet Naturals. I tried it and all the allergies disappeared. I did more research on it and found it be a pure food from New Zealand. Their foods do not contain any grains or preservatives, which causes the allergies. My dogs wolfed it up! Their energy level is up and you cannot tell the difference between my puppy or older dog! (07/12/2010)

By dino

Recipes for a Dog With Allergies

My daughter has a dog with severe allergies and feeds him chicken and rice on her vet's recommendation: Chicken thighs in an economy pack from Walmart, white rice in a large bag, also at Walmart (around 5 cents a pound). Cook the chicken thighs in enough water to cover until well done (an hour more or less). Remove thighs and debone, saving cooking water to cook rice. Simmer rice until done (45 minutes?), adding more water as needed so it doesn't burn. Cool deboned chicken and mix into cooled rice. Store in refrigerator up to a week and feed twice a day. Amount you would make would be dependent on the size of the dog, but my daughter cooks 2 packs (18-20 thighs total) and 6 cups of dry rice. It makes a large amount so you need a big pot to store it in. Obviously it would be perfectly good for people to eat as well. (07/14/2010)

By Anonymous

Recipes for a Dog With Allergies

I had a Cairn terrier that was allergic to everything. I tried everything you can think of. I was on my way to the exotic meat market to try lion or water buffalo when I realized I had not tried canned salmon. So I cooked up a batch of brown rice (for fiber) about 8 cups when cooked, and added a 15 oz can of salmon, bones and all. He ate that until he died at age 17 yrs. He was very allergic to some vegetables, so figure out what your dog can tolerate. Broccoli was the worst for my dog. I skipped the veges and gave him a multivitamin. Good luck! (07/23/2010)

By Lizzyanny

Recipes for a Dog With Allergies
Dog standing by food dish.
Does My Dog Have Food Allergies?
Dog With Allergies
Treating Dogs With Seasonal Allergies
Dog With Food Allergies
Feeding a Dog With Food Allergies
Woman With Allergies
Traveling with Allergies
🎉
🎄