Reclaim Water Generated by A/C Unit

A friend recently put me onto catching the water that my air conditioning unit produces. Living in Florida, I have been able to recycle at least two gallons of pure water daily. I have a collection of carnivorous plants that require very pure water, so I save $ by using a rain barrel and the A/C run-off.

If I purchase reverse osmosis water, it costs 25 cents or more a gallon, and I go through two or more gallons daily in the summer with my very small collection, a very nice savings! Any extra, I add a little water soluble fertilizer and give it to my other plants! This is just one way to use water that was being wasted. Gotta love it!

By MT from Tampa, FL

And from dehumidifiers, too! That's 1-2 gals daily for me.

Conserving Water at Home
Conserving Water at Home
Better Living Green Living Conservation WaterJune 9, 2011
Homemade Water Guns
Homemade Water Guns
Watering the Garden
Conserving Water in the Garden
Well water running a in a sink.
Removing Rust from Well Water
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener