Recycled Magazine Wall Art

Category Decor
Magazine pages are a great material to use in your recycled paper projects. This is a guide about recycled magazine wall art.

Unique art work created with pages from magazines.

Total Time: Several hours

• 10+ magazines, any and all
  • 8 oz white glue
  • 1 sturdy backing, your choice of size

1. Plan a color scheme so that magazine pages can be sorted by color. Just tear out pages and use whole pages or parts that have the desired color.
  2. Ad
  3. Use scissors, a paper cutter, or a ruler to get strips 1 - 2 inches wide.
  4. Fold the strips in half or thirds. Start circles around any tool that will allow you to slip the paper off once you've spun the paper a few turns. Knitting needle, screw driver, skewer. In this image, I'm going to continue to make one large circle. This is a 12 inch square canvas that I painted yellow and most of my strips are predominately yellow or orange, but there are naturally plenty of other colors.
  5. Ad
  6. I continue to glue each strip to the outside of the circle by laying a strip of glue along the outside, then hold the new strip in place until it holds.
  7. Ad
  8. In the finished piece shown, I rolled several strips, sorted by color, then glued them in a mostly random pattern to cover the board.
  9. Here, strips are rolled into tubes and only white pages with black type are used. The pattern here is less random, forming alternating squares.
  10. Ad
  11. Working in green to complement the yellow one. I'm going to start an orange one and arrange all three vertically on a wall in my bathroom.
Anonymous

Looks amazing! What a great idea!