Recycle Your Old Cell Phone

When you finally decide to get a newer model cell phone, you can donate the old one to your local women's shelter. They give the phones to their tenants to use the phone to make free 911 calls. The cell phone doesn't have to be connected to a service. Just make sure you erase all of your phone numbers and info before you give it away.

The business you purchase your new cell phone from probably would be familiar with this. My son works for Cingular and he took my old cell phone to be donated to our women's shelter. I feel less guilty now, since I don't have to throw my perfectly good (but outdated) cell phone in the trash.

Dawn from TX

Answers:

Recycle Your Old Cell Phone

I am so happy to see you posted this. Especially now since the advertisements on TV are telling you to recycle like batteries. I have given my mom one for 911 calls and the rest go to shelters. I did give one to my parrot to beat up. He hates it when I am on the phone so I took the battery out first and then he beat the heck out of it. When he's mad he throws it around, chewed all the buttons off first. But that is the only one I have wasted. For the few dollars you get to sell one, I would rather try to save someone's life and give to the shelter. As with old eye glasses, donate at your eye doctor for the less fortunate. (08/04/2005)

Recycle Your Old Cell Phone

At A T and T they have a box to put your old cell phones in and they refurbish them and send them to soldiers overseas with minutes put on them. I am not sure how many minutes are put on them though. That is what I do with mine and my kid's phones. They even take the broken ones and fix them. (01/16/2009)

By Pam

Recycle Your Old Cell Phone

I sell my old phones on eBay. Many recyclers are desperate for parts and they are thrilled to get their hands on a broken phone. Barb (03/16/2009)

By BarbM58

Recycle Your Old Cell Phones And Computers
Pink Silicone Cell Phone Case
Cleaning a Silicone Cell Phone Case
striped knit sock like phone pouch
Making a Cell Phone Holder
Cell Phone User Making call with Card
Saving Money on Phone Cards
Stack of Old Phone Books
Uses for Old Phone Books
🎄