Recycled Dish Detergent Bottle Toddler's Purse
This project uses a plastic dish detergent bottle to make a cute purse for a toddler. This tutorial shows you how to make a recycled toddler's purse
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Plastic purse for a toddler, made from recycled detergent bottle.
Approximate Time: half an hour
- empty colored detergent bottle
- scraps of narrow ribbon
- kitchen shears
- X-acto type knife
- Sketch outline of purse on bottle as shown in diagram 1. Make certain to extend handles so they are long enough to overlap later for tying.
- Cut along sketch lines.
- Fold over lid of purse as shown in diagram 2.
- Cut 2 slits in front of purse to hold closing tab.
- Overlap handles at the top and cut two narrow slits in each end.
- Thread ribbon through slits and tie in bow at top.
- Decorate the lid with scraps from other detergent bottles cut in the shape of a flower and tied on securely with scraps of ribbon threaded through slits and knotted on the inside.
By preserver from Manitoba
Editor's Note: Be sure that your bottle is entirely clean. Do not use any bottles that may contain a chemical residue, for safety.
July 24, 20100 found this helpful
What a great idea! What kind of detergent is it? Dish? Laundry?
Related Content(article continues below)
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 24, 2017 at 9:50:05 PM on 10.0.0.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us