Recycled Garden and Yard Art

There are many items that can be reused or refashioned to decorate your yard and garden. This guide is about recycled garden and yard art.

Recycled materials make a garden flower.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Recycled Garden TotemI had a corner of my garden that needed some color this spring. I saw some garden totems made of glass, but I wanted something with more color. I scavenged garage sales, thrift shops, and my own home and came up with this interpretation of my own. It gives my dull corner some brightness until the flowers start blooming. You can see a photo on my gardening blog under "Totem, Love'm":

By yoder178 from Elkhart, IN

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Recycled materials make a garden flower.My brother made this for me out of my dishes from the attic, a spatula, spoon, and old spindle from a banister. Gotta love it. His touch was the metal around the flower.

Approximate Time:

• spindle
  • 2 dishes
  • spatula
  • spoon
  • metal for background
  • spike at the bottom
  • a few screws
  • spray paint

Instructions:

1. Drill holes in center of 2 plates and the metal.
  2. Put a screw thru all 3.
  3. Add spoon and spatula at angles an secure with tiny screws.
  4. Spray paint it.

Now you have a cute yard decoration.

By bali from Summerhill, PA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Is there any way I can use hubcaps as yard art?

Betty from Lubbock, TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

stepping stones?

Read More Answers...

Does anyone know how to make yard art out of old broken rakes, shovels, etc?

Rolayne from Beasley, TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

try this website, they have some of the most wonderful, creative ideas for making garden stuff out of junk. You can search their archives for what you want, or post a question for ideas -this is a great website, I spent days & days reading back through all the messages when I first found it - alot like I did with this group too,LOL!!

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/junk/

Read More Answers...

I was going through the unsold items from my yard sale. I found some wooden art frames. They were beautiful. I used some of them as flower garden borders, and some I wrapped thread, yarn, etc. around and made a trellis out of it, it is leaning against the porch. I planted some morning glories.

I also stuck some dead branches I had cut off one of the trees, they were about two feet high and pretty thick, into the ground for a trellis. I like using natural things for trailing plants.

I am going to use some old shoes as hanging planters and hang them in the trees also.

By Racer

Home and Garden Gardening DecorationSeptember 20, 2012
Recycled garden art. A man made from recycled clay pots.
Making Recycled Garden Art
A gnome in a garden.
Preventing Yard and Garden Theft
Mole Digging Out of Hole into Open Air
Getting Rid of Moles in Your Yard
Bicycle Wheel
Making a Recycled Bicycle Wheel Pot Rack
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 3, 2016 at 10:01:17 PM on 10.0.2.136 in 657 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.