Browsing: Recycled Garden and Yard Art

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Recycled Garden and Yard Art

There are many items that can be reused or refashioned to decorate your yard and garden. This guide is about recycled garden and yard art.

Recycled materials make a garden flower.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

July 12, 2010 Flag

Recycled Garden TotemI had a corner of my garden that needed some color this spring. I saw some garden totems made of glass, but I wanted something with more color. I scavenged garage sales, thrift shops, and my own home and came up with this interpretation of my own. It gives my dull corner some brightness until the flowers start blooming. You can see a photo on my gardening blog under "Totem, Love'm":

By yoder178 from Elkhart, IN

February 23, 2009 Flag

Is there any way I can use hubcaps as yard art?

Betty from Lubbock, TX

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You could make birdbaths from them . My neice made me one out of an old washpan of my Mom's. She cut a small tree from the woods and drilled hole in pan. Used a rubber gasket or silicone to seal aroung after screwing it to the tree, Then add a base to make it stand. I don.t know why the hub cap wouldn't work. Could use landscaping timbers also.

I'm with Tina, above. I'm also thinking that they would make great squirrel baffles for any hanging birdfeeders you might have, too! And maybe sundials...?

stepping stones?

Yes you can make anything into yard art

Read More Answers...

September 13, 2012 Flag

Recycled materials make a garden flower.My brother made this for me out of my dishes from the attic, a spatula, spoon, and old spindle from a banister. Gotta love it. His touch was the metal around the flower.

Approximate Time:

Instructions:

1. Drill holes in center of 2 plates and the metal.
  2. Put a screw thru all 3.
  3. Add spoon and spatula at angles an secure with tiny screws.
  4. Spray paint it.

Now you have a cute yard decoration.

By bali from Summerhill, PA

January 31, 2008 Flag

Does anyone know how to make yard art out of old broken rakes, shovels, etc?

Rolayne from Beasley, TX

if you have a bunch of old tool and have a shed or garage or somewhere you can hang as a display kinda prim country style i did this on my milk house at the farm but shovels can have bird houses attached to them pint them out add barn type wooden stars etc let the imagine wander

What kind of yard art are you wanting to make? You mean use the tools for the actual piece of art? Otherwise if you carve yard art you can use the handles from the tools to hold the art in place in the ground.

I can see people made with old and broken tools. Shovel for face and body(if no handle, wire to a sturdy stick or stake) Rakes for arms and hands(again, if no handle wire to stick or stake)Wire the handles of the rakes together so they lie horizontally, then attach to shovel so that the rakes are like shoulders, arms and hands below the shovel blade going across(horizontally) Dress you tool dude or dudette in old clothes and plant 'em where you want 'em(might even work as a good scarecrow) Add eyes etc with screws, bolts or small pieces from those broken tools, attaching with weather proof glue for metal(or welding if you are handy that way)Or nail parts to a fence or shed wall. You could even dress this one with tool parts, like two trowel blades for a bra and a square blade spade or a fan rake for a skirt, u could also make fringe on the spade using a tined rake blade.

try this website, they have some of the most wonderful, creative ideas for making garden stuff out of junk. You can search their archives for what you want, or post a question for ideas -this is a great website, I spent days & days reading back through all the messages when I first found it - alot like I did with this group too,LOL!!

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/junk/

September 23, 2004 Flag

I was going through the unsold items from my yard sale. I found some wooden art frames. They were beautiful. I used some of them as flower garden borders, and some I wrapped thread, yarn, etc. around and made a trellis out of it, it is leaning against the porch. I planted some morning glories.

I also stuck some dead branches I had cut off one of the trees, they were about two feet high and pretty thick, into the ground for a trellis. I like using natural things for trailing plants.

I am going to use some old shoes as hanging planters and hang them in the trees also.

By Racer

Home and Garden Gardening DecorationSeptember 20, 2012
Recycled garden art. A man made from recycled clay pots.
Making Recycled Garden Art
A gnome in a garden.
Preventing Yard and Garden Theft
Mole Digging Out of Hole into Open Air
Getting Rid of Moles in Your Yard
Bicycle Wheel
Making a Recycled Bicycle Wheel Pot Rack
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 9:11:30 PM on 10.0.2.241 in 6 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.