Recycled Mosaic Mirror

Category Decor
Recycled Mosaic Mirror
This clever mosaic mirror frame is created using cut up plastic cards, such as gift cards. This is a guide about recycled mosaic mirror.

Mosaic mirror without the messy grout. This is a great use of recycled cut up credit and gift cards. Plastic cards are cut up and glued onto a painted wood frame that give it a whole new look with dimension, color, and without the messy grout. Sometimes even the back of the gift cards are more interesting to display than the front.

Approximate Time: After paint dries, about 1 hour.

Instructions:

After painting the frame in color of choice and it is nice and dry. Cut up various plastic gift cards and credit cards into an assortment of color and texture to display on the frame. I cut each piece about the same size, 1/2 by 1 inch, by eyeballing it. With a good pair of scissors, they are easy to cut.

Before gluing, lay out the various pieces and play with color, numbers and even the back of the cards add a fun look. I used Beacon multi grip glue, good to pick up with a store coupon. Once all glued, it's done! Very fun project.

By Kat from Long Beach, CA

Great idea! I am given gift cards. Once they are empty, they ask me if I want it, or to throw it away. This is a great way to reuse those! thanks!

Wow,I love it! I bet you could even use old cd's cut up to make a mirrored mosaic look- nice work!

I like this idea. It's very cool.