Recycling Printer Cartridges

I have accumulated about 6 printer cartridges for my Lexmark printer. Is there a company that will pay for these and recycle them? Thanks.

By packlestax

I don't know of anyone that will pay for them. I have a HP printer and they used to have an envelope with each package of new printing ink that you could return the mt cartridge to the factory but they stopped doing that so now I just toss them in the recycle bin at my recycle center. There are places that refill mt cartridges. There may be one in your area. You should be able to find one in the yellow pages or on line.

Staples will give you store credit if you turn them in.

Staples will pay you for used printer cartridges.

Lexmark will send you envelopes so you can mail the empty cartridges back to them. Go online to Lexmark/recycle and ask for 3 envelopes. Lexmark pays the postage both ways. It takes about 2 weeks to get your envelopes in the mail. I just received my envelopes this week and sent back 6 empty cartridges to them. Each envelope will hold three empties.

My daughter just started using Cash 4 Cartridges.

http://www.cash  sa.com/index.php

Office Depot will allow 20 cartridges per visit giving you a store credit of $2.00 per cartridge. Be sure to apply for their rewards card. Your credits are given each quarter. You also receive a percentage of your purchases back as a store credit. I purchased a $50. camera for my grandson for graduation for just $22. using my credits. Don't forget to add the discounts that are received in the newspapers on occassion for a "wheel of a deal"

Staples may have the same program.

I get mine refilled for 1/2 the price at Cartridge World. After you do this 3 or 4 times, I don't think they are effective but it sure saves a bunch of money. Staples charges so much to begin with that you are not really saving any money, in my opinion.

Costco will refill them for my HP at about $6. per cartridge and I am able to save. New cartridge costs about $35. minus $6. to refill= saving $19. per cartridge.

Your local elementary schools and public libraries collect these to go towards their fund raising efforts.

I like using new ones and I think it is a mess to refill them so I sell my empty ones on ebay.

When I worked as a secretary at the elementary school, Safeway had a program where we collected used printer cartridges and old cell phones to be recycled. I would collect then send in boxes of items and our school would receive funds. It was a great way to recycle and to gain funds for our computer needs at school.