Recycling School Supplies

I redecorate my son's discarded binders and barely used notebooks. Then, I use them for journals, collecting recipes, etc. It's fun to decorate the books by gluing on flower photos from gardening catalogs, ribbon, paint, and stickers.

By Kay from Tamarac, FL

Answers:

Recycling School Supplies

I know when my kids were in school I'd keep their notebooks and just rip the used pages out and used it for extra paper when they wanted to make notes or pics, but your idea sounds like fun will pass these on to step-daughter (she has 2 in school). Thanks. (07/24/2006)

By grammar

Recycling School Supplies

What an AWESOME idea! Where were you when my 28 year old and 19 year olds were going to school and I bought new notebooks every year!

Thanks for the tip! (07/24/2006)

By Sheila in Florida

Recycling School Supplies

Our kids always put away their old colored pencils, scissors, markers, etc. that were still good and used them first the next year before getting new ones out. They always had stuff they hadn't used much from the year before. (07/24/2006)

By imaqt1962

Recycling School Supplies

I ripped out the written on pages from the used notebooks and then use the rest for grocery lists and making up weekly menus and such.

Where does it say that school supplies have to be brand new each year? I would think that if you had supplies leftover from the previous year that were still good and usable, that they could be sent.

My son is in Spec Ed. and I have to sent all sorts of things including hand towel, wash cloth, toothpaste, toothbrush, snacks, drink mixes... and on and on. Anything that can be used again I send again. (08/20/2006)

By Debbie52

Photo of a back pack, colored pencils, paper and other school supplies.
Saving Money on School Supplies
School Supplies
Organizing School Supplies
A backpack full of school supplies.
Finding Help Getting School Clothing and Supplies
Recycled Paper Envelope Finished
Making Recycling Fun
A variety of sports equipment
Saving Money on Sports Equipment for School
🎄