Recycling Small Appliances

As recycling becomes a more important part of our daily life, we look for ways to recycle even more items. This is a guide about recycling small appliances.

Recycling Small Appliances
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 14, 2008 Flag

I am very dedicated to recycling everything that I possibly can. It is now just my husband and myself, however, we have two extra large recycling bins and one small bin. There are times when all three are completely full. So as you can see, I take recycling very seriously. Take the time to sort your papers and plastic at least and keep them out of landfills.

I have recently joined several "freecycle" groups near my hometown. These groups give you the opportunity to offer items from your home that you gift to someone who wants or needs it. It can be anything as long as it is not truly trash! We have gifted a vacuum cleaner, tote bags, kitchen plaques, craft items, and two like new gym equipment pieces, just to name a few. There is absolutely no money involved! It must be free. It is very easy to join a group near your hometown too. Go to freecycle.org and find a group near you.

It is more blessed to give than to receive!

Think about it.

Source: freecycle.org

By Lee from Jesup, GA

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 4, 2010 Flag

I have a toaster oven which is broken. I do not want to throw it in with our trash. I'm looking for a recycling center or some other avenue to send the oven to.

By Cris from PA

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Does your town have recycling for other materials like glass, plastic and newspaper? Call and ask them about recycling your toaster oven.

From another state's recycling site* I found this on toaster ovens:

Recycle

Metal parts can be recycled. Look in the Yellow Pages, under "Scrap Metal" for a recycler near you. Most transfer stations also accept scrap metal. It might be work a try to call and ask.

If you think it might be fixable at all you might look up 'small applicance repair' and see if there is someone to donate it for fixing who might give it to someone in need.

At the very least you could probably remove the crumb tray or rack(s) and make something out of them or repurpose.

Not familiar with your area but you might poke around here;

http://www.dep.state.pa.us/dep/DEPUTATE/AIRWASTE/WM/recycle/recycle.htm

* Souce:

http://www.co.ramsey.mn.us/ph/rt/a_to_z_disposal_guide_t.htm

Go to Freecyclegroups.com and see if there is a freecycle group in your area. Their idea is to keep usable items out of landfills and someone will want the toaster oven. You can offer or ask for items. Everything is free, money is not allowed.

Better Living Green Living Recycling OtherMarch 12, 2013
Recycled Paper Envelope Finished
Making Recycling Fun
Stainless Steel Dishwasher
Converting Appliances to Stainless Steel
Home Appliances
Saving Money on Home Appliances
Small Appliances
Cleaning Small Appliances
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 12:38:59 AM on 10.0.0.127 in 560 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.