Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Recycling Small Appliances

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Recycling Small Appliances

As recycling becomes a more important part of our daily life, we look for ways to recycle even more items. This is a guide about recycling small appliances.

Solutions: Recycling Small Appliances

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: If You Can't Recycle It, Freecycle It

I am very dedicated to recycling everything that I possibly can. It is now just my husband and myself, however, we have two extra large recycling bins and one small bin. There are times when all three are completely full. So as you can see, I take recycling very seriously. Take the time to sort your papers and plastic at least and keep them out of landfills.

I have recently joined several "freecycle" groups near my hometown. These groups give you the opportunity to offer items from your home that you gift to someone who wants or needs it. It can be anything as long as it is not truly trash! We have gifted a vacuum cleaner, tote bags, kitchen plaques, craft items, and two like new gym equipment pieces, just to name a few. There is absolutely no money involved! It must be free. It is very easy to join a group near your hometown too. Go to freecycle.org and find a group near you.

It is more blessed to give than to receive!

Think about it.

Source: freecycle.org

By Lee from Jesup, GA

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Recycling Small Appliances.

Question: Recycling a Toaster Oven

I have a toaster oven which is broken. I do not want to throw it in with our trash. I'm looking for a recycling center or some other avenue to send the oven to.

By Cris from PA

Most Recent Answer

By Donna J. Cole [2]03/07/2010

Go to Freecyclegroups.com and see if there is a freecycle group in your area. Their idea is to keep usable items out of landfills and someone will want the toaster oven. You can offer or ask for items. Everything is free, money is not allowed.