Recycling Your Old Cell Phones And Computers

Category Other
Woman Recycling Her Old Cell Phone
Electronics are made of valuable resources. Recycling old cell phones and computers helps prevent pollution and saves energy. This is a guide about recycling your old cell phones and computers.

Many places take old phones and computer parts. Old phones are used to allow battered women to call 911 in the event of an emergency. The old batteries in them are recycled and disposed of properly. When this happens we don't need to worry about what leaches into our drinking water. Old computer parts are broken down and melted and used to make other parts. Sometimes there are parts that can be saved and added to another computer.

I'd really love for my Grandson to grow up knowing his world is taken care of. It would be wonderful to know that people think ahead and decide the future now rather than when it is too late. So be sure you ask about recycling at the plant or through your public information centers. Oh, and take those old batteries you have been saving and dispose of them properly while you are at it! It is all of our business to know our Earth is free and clean.

By Gem from VA

Has anyone ever heard of a place called 'Recycling Center' in Franklin, TN? They give you a postage paid plastic bag and you send them your old ink jet cartridges or cell phones. How are they recycled? Who gets them? If it's for charity, schools, senior centers, etc... fine. But if they're going to resell them to the general public, no. Does anyone know how this place works?

Joan from Chesapeake, VA

I pick up the postage paid mailers at my post office. One of the postal employees told me that every time I mail in a cartridge the post office either gets 5 or 10 cents each from the recyling center.

Found a website about the recyling center: http://www.recy  de/aa959707.html

I live in Greenville TN. I wondered the same thing to about a month ago when I got a prepaid bag type envelope to mail cell phones in which said they were going to the soldiers so they can use them. I just looked up the web site for frankling and it said they use them for making parts and the moneys go to charities and such. here is that link: http://envirosm  com/whatwedo.php

I got my recycle bags for that company at Walmart, next to the new cartridges for printers. I found the refill kits at Walmart at a fraction of what new ones cost and less to recycle, 7 fills per kit. Good deal if you ask me.

For your ink carts check you schools sometimes they save them and get extra money for them. Yes, companies refill them.

Pet Smart recycles them and gets money back for the adoptees. A couple of our thrift stores have a box for donations, and also schools collect them for money.