Red Dye on Khaki Jeans

I have khaki pants and red socks. (You can see it coming, right!) The socks went through washer and dryer attached to the pants. Is there a way to get that kind of stain out?

Thanks!
Karen from Portland, OR

Answers:

Red Dye on Khaki Jeans

RIT (the dye people) have something called "color remover"; I don't know if it would do it; but sure might be worth reading the package and seeing what they say? (08/26/2007)

By Jilson

Red Dye on Khaki Jeans

I have not tried this myself but I have been told that hydrogen peroxide works for that. (08/27/2007)

By MartyD

Red Dye on Khaki Jeans

By 'khaki', do you mean light tan or the green some people call khaki?
If you mean the light tan, I have done the same thing-several times. Between me & my kids, it seems like we always have dye(red or blue), crayon or some other stain on our khakis.
You can start with a weak solution of bleach water, lay the jeans flat & put the bleach water on the stain. If it doesn't go away in a few minutes, you can increase the bleach & try again.
I only had a problem with one pair of pants, where the spot ended up a tiny bit lighter than the rest of the pants. I threw them in the wash cycle with soap & 1 c. bleach & they came out the same shade. I'm not usually so cautious anymore. I figure if I don't get the stain out, I can't do much to ruin them more. So I usually just use 1/2 bleach 1/2 water, or I just throw them in the washer with 3/4-1 c. bleach. You might want to start out with the minimal to be cautious though. And be careful not to ruin what you are wearing when you do this.
(08/28/2007)

By lyonpridej

Dye Bled On Khaki Pants
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Stack of Jeans
Saving Money on Jeans
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎄
🍂