Red Hat Society Club for Mentally Challenged Women

Has anyone else started a Red Hat Society Club for women who are Mentally Challenged in their day program site? I have a group with 6 other members from a Adult Day Treatment Center that I worked with years ago. I think we are all having a great time but we have had only 2 sessions and I am wondering if anyone has started such a group so I can brainstorm with them.

I hope to be doing this for a very long time and just need someone who has Red Hat ideas in terms of in house types of activities. There are 8 of us, 1 Queen Mom and 6 Sister Red hatters. Three have ambulatory issues, one is deaf and two are active women. We have done crafts, games, and teas. We need some more thrifty ideas. Thanks a lot.

Donna from Middletown, NY

Answers:

I have no advice but I wanted to say God bless you for what you do. It takes a special person! (03/01/2009)

By Bethmom1961

Hi, While I'm not associated with your group, a good activity might be to make no-sew fleece blankets. You get two large squares of fleece, cut ~4-5 inch long fringe all around the two pieces, then tie the two squares together with each matching set of fringe. Here are some online sites with instructions: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/83579/how_to_make_easy_nosew_fleece_blankets.html?cat=24 and http://www.instructables.com/id/No-Sew-Fleece-Blanket/ (this one is a video). Have fun! (03/01/2009)

By Mrs.P

You can get a hold of chapters of the Red Hat Society if you google.com red hat society. I am sure one of the members would be more than happy to to the proper place.
Blessings and many red hats to all of you (03/01/2009)

By islandsage

Thank you for what you do. God Bless you and all your special Red Hat Ladies. What fun! (03/02/2009)

By Sherri

Hi, I'm a Red Hatter. So great of you to be doing this! I'd say take any craft, use purple and red materials, and adapt it. Check the National Red Hat Society Board (I don't know the website address) for more ideas. Best wishes! (03/02/2009)

By Nance

i am trying to do the same thing. i can use all the help i can get,,,and ideas would be lovely and thank you.

Red Hatter
Red Hat Society Club Ideas
Fledgling Beige Bengalese
Breeding Society Finches
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Adult painting a picture with watercolors.
Crafts for Mentally Challenged Adults
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
🎄