Red Kool Aid on Carpet

I need to know how to get red Kool aid out of my carpet.

By afaust0104 from Poinciana, FL

Answers:

Red Kool Aid on Carpet

You will have to cut this section of carpet out and glue down as close a match of carpet scrap that you can find. Even if it is not a perfect color match, it will be clean and look better than Kool Aid. (08/13/2009)

By Carly34

Red Kool Aid on Carpet

I've removed Kool-aid, fruit punch and other red stains with window cleaner. Saturated the area and blot with paper towels. Repeat as necessary. (08/13/2009)

By duckie43

Red Kool Aid on Carpet

The Dollar General Store has their own brand of carpet cleaner and it is wonderful. I took "red Kool-aid" off of my entire staircase where grandson spilled it and this product took all of it out. It is in a red spray bottle and is very inexpensive. The guys who put down our carpet told me about it and it is a great product. (08/14/2009)

By Joanna

Red Kool Aid on Carpet

Listen folks. I read all posts regarding this problem, and have found the answer. I had a huge spill of red Kool Aid. I spilled a whole cup on my circular glass coffee table, and it was everywhere. After reading a bunch of posts, I tried one that described using 7 or 8 drops of blue Dawn liquid detergent with about 2 cups of warm water. You then wet well the area to clean, then place a white cotton towel over the stain. Wet the towel with the solution as well, then use an iron on the cotton setting. I have an iron with a Teflon bottom. The iron shuts off after 30 seconds, so I had to lift and re-apply. I did it 3 times (90 seconds total).

The above procedure worked pretty well, but not perfectly. There was still light stains after I was done. I read another post that suggested doing the same procedure, but using equal parts ammonia and warm water. This works best. I can barely see the stain anymore, and my wife is thrilled.

Just know that this is not a 5 minute job. I had a large area to clean, and it took me several hours over a few days. Be patient. When using the technique, use a clean portion of the towel each time you move to a different spot. Letting it dry after cleaning, then trying again gets up more of the spot. You will see the red transfer to the towel each time.

You have my word that this works.

Good luck.
Bryan (08/15/2009)

By bryandav

Red Kool Aid on Carpet

The dish washing liquid trick is not all that effective in the long run, it works OK, but in spite of the dish washing liquid, not because of it.

What I mean by this is the heat and steam and hot water are breaking the dye bond, not the dish washing liquid. The problem is you are steaming into the carpet detergent that will create a dark or grey spot over time since dish washing liquid attracts dirt.

A better option is a inexpensive chemical that along with the steam iron will really get rid of the spot and leave no residue. (09/04/2009)

By BigFish1

Photo of a kool-aid stain on carpet.
Cleaning Kool-Aid Stains from Carpet
Kool-Aid
Recipes Using Kool-Aid
Using Kool-Aid to Color Hair
Using Kool-Aid to Color Hair
Kool-Aid Punch
Kool-Aid Punch Recipes
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
🎄