Red Kool Aid on Carpet

How can I get red Kool-Aid stains out of the carpet?

By Teresa from UT

Answers:

Red Kool Aid on Carpet

This works! We have an RV that had a huge red Crystal Light stain on the carpet. The Dawn/water mixture and my Rowenta iron lightened the stain to almost nothing. Don't be discouraged if it doesn't seem to work right away, it took a little while, but it does work! Saved the carpet! (07/19/2010)

By nicevillejen

Red Kool Aid on Carpet

Toothpaste works wonders, and also a small amount of Dawn dish-washing liquid will help to remove the red stain. (07/20/2010)

By syballee

Red Kool Aid on Carpet

Been there with red kool-aid. One word; Spotshot. You can buy it at Walmart for around $3.00. The stuff is worth every penny. Works on other stains as well. (07/27/2010)

By Candy Red Supra

Red Kool Aid on Carpet

Hi Teresa. Awhile ago a wonderful Thrifty Fun reader wrote in about using shaving cream to get stains out of carpets. I have used the tip and shared it with everyone I know. Try it, you will be surprised how well it really works. (They sell it at the Dollar Store.) I now use shaving cream on all sorts of things and found it to be GREAT! (07/27/2010)

By Tedebear

Red Kool Aid on Carpet

This really worked, thanks all! I tried it only because I have taken wax out of carpet and clothes using an iron and a brown paper bag. I figured that at this point it was my last option, and it was a success! (09/13/2010)

By Mrs.Scarvace

Red Kool Aid on Carpet

Okay, so I had two very pink spots on my beige carpet and we are renting. I was so nervous that these wouldn't come out. I tried the rug doctor, Resolve, some other very strong stain remover from Lowe's. Nothing worked. One was some pink ice cream for dogs, the other dog puked (it was pink from his food). I tried this method and within minutes it worked! The ice cream one was at least 6 months old and the food one about a few days! I recommend it! And I can't believe it worked! :) (09/14/2010)

By Marinewyf

Photo of a kool-aid stain on carpet.
Cleaning Kool-Aid Stains from Carpet
Kool-Aid
Recipes Using Kool-Aid
Using Kool-Aid to Color Hair
Using Kool-Aid to Color Hair
Kool-Aid Punch
Kool-Aid Punch Recipes
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
🎉
🎄