Red Rose Photos

Category Garden
A wet red rose in the rain.
These wonderful flowers can be captured in beautiful pictures to appreciate the year round. This page contains red rose photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

This is not a real tip, just a beautiful rose with the target rose being the main focus. The bush had several this spring and I like the background being slightly out of focus which emphasizes the target rose well. Hope you like!

Source: No, just a simple red rose.

Comment Like this photo? 5

Photo Description
The coloration of the blossom on this rose illuminates my back deck. The rose bush is planted in a large flower pot and flourishes during the spring and early fall with buds of red crimson that burst into a brilliant red crimson color that dazzles the sunlight that shines on it. After a rain it is kissed by the droplets and glistens.

Photo Location
my backyard in Tennessee

Comment Like this photo? 5

Ah, another day of beach hopping on the gorgeous Oregon Coast! A while back, after discovering a deserted little cove, my husband and I were exploring the small shoreline when we discovered 12, red, long-stemmed roses, which had been left behind. I played with these roses for such a long time!

In this shot, I took four of my absolute favorite roses and stacked them. Then, I got close to one rose and angled my camera back towards me, making the other roses in the shot look slightly further away and a little less sharp. These rose shots were some of my first-ever attempts at actually creating a scene, instead of just snapping a shot of something I thought was pretty. It was a blast! You'd be amazed what you'll come up with if you just decide to randomly get creative. :D

I loved the red of these roses. It reminded me of passion, love, romance, and my wonderful husband. Like the shoreline we were exploring, our relationship can be rocky at times with plenty of bumps in the road, but, like the roses we discovered, it's as lovely as a summer afternoon and as right as rain. Ups and downs, side to sides, good times and bad, my guy is always there for me, keeping me on the straight and narrow, supporting me in every endeavor, and always helping me to become closer to the God I love. He is a constant force in my life and I couldn't do it without him. This shot always reminds me of that. The rocky beach and red roses were the perfect symbolic representation of our love for one another. :)

A little sappy today, sorry! I hope you all have a FABULOUS holiday season. Stay safe, warm, happy, and well-fed this year and make sure to laugh it up with family, friends, and all those whom you hold dearest in your hearts!

Merry Christmas and God bless!

By Chelle152 from Coquille, OR

Red Roses Found on Beach

Comment Like this photo? 8

I submitted this picture for several reasons. The evening light was just right. The rose was opened to just the right degree. Less and it would have been a bud. More and it would have looked like a cabbage rose. And color. This is the closest I've come to capturing the true red violet color of this 'Dark Desire' rose.

I have about a dozen of this variety. Should I make a very small rose garden devoted to this one rose? Maybe I should blend red and white? A newer and very beautiful white rose named 'Pope John Paul II' is said to be the most fragrant rose of all time. Think it would it work?

Comment Like this photo? 3

While hiking with my husband, I found a dozen long-stemmed, red roses strewn across the rocks of an abandoned beach near Shore Acres State Park. They were so beautiful, and smelled so sweet, you'd think they were put there just to be found by me. I often wonder if they were thrown from the trail above in lover's remorse, or if they signal budding love along the shore. I like to think it's the latter!

I decided to hold one of these roses up and get a shot with the beach in the a background, to remember the moment God provided and the beautiful time my husband and I were having. Hope the rose-holder's day had been, and still is, just as peaceful!

By Chelle152 from Coquille, OR

Red Rose with Ocean in Background

Comment Like this photo? 7

When I bought my house 25 years ago there was a small "wild" rose bush in the garden up against the house. Each year I would cut it back, and it would bloom a few roses. Each year it grows bigger.

A wild rose bush.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

My favorite rose is Kordes Perfecta. I've grown it for several years. I've showcased it here on ThriftyFun. The breeder, Kordes, rightly gave the rose the name Perfecta, and I'm sure, proudly attached his own name, as well.

Dark Desire Rose - dark red rose

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

This is a beautiful red rose, my favorites like a lot of people's. I walked through my neighborhood and came across this picture perfect rose, just this one, in my neighbor's garden.

Red Rose Bud

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

This climbing rose blossom is a beauty to behold. It has a velvety dark red appearance to it and when the sunlight hits it each petal glimmers with a red velvet look. The climbing rose bush is attached to a rose arbor that my husband made at the corner of our property.

Velvet Rose Blossom

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

This knockout rose bud shimmers in the light. It is between the bud stage and blossom. It is beginning to unfold and will become a beautiful blossom of red petals beaming with the light that shines on them.

Shimmering Rosebud

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

I took this photo with my camera phone outside of a restaurant.

Red Rose

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

Rose petals are a delicacy for Spring and Summer. The velvety petals stuns the sun to shine through the trees upon the delicate rose bush casting a heavenly haze on the rosebuds that open up into the glamour of the rose as the petals open up in the sunshine.

A red rose with the petals in full bloom.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

The morning sun rays flicker through the rose blossoms and the red roses were like flames of rose color kissed by the sunlight shining through the petals.

Sun Rays Flicker on Rose Blossom - sunlight on red rose

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

The statue of the angel holding the tiny bird in her hand sits behind a beautiful red knockout rose. In the spring and summer the Knockout rose is full of beautiful red rose blossoms. I captured the picture and then edited the picture to make it appear that the angel was in a shadow.

angel figurine behind a rose blossom

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

My knock out red rose radiates a coloration of brilliance.

blurred red rose

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

The rose garden is in full bloom right now in mid April and here is a partial view of the Don Juan climbing roses, knock out roses, and in the forefront the pale pink roses are the Carefree Beauty.

Red and white roses.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

This is a rose held in the opening blue sky on a cool Autumn day. From a vantage point below the flower and above the ground, there are thoughts of knowing an insect's perception, tracking clouds in a daydream, and being enlivened by contrasts of rich, natural color.

Red Rose With Sky in Background

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1