Reducing Sugar in Your Diet

granulated and cubed sugar
Most of us are aware of the excessive amount of sugar in the typical diet in some countries. This is a guide about reducing sugar in your diet.

I don't add sugar to my veggies. I just heat them, whether canned or frozen. I don't put sugar in my cornbread. I am not diabetic, I just don't require that all my food be sweetened.

I agree Marty, sugar is unnecessary, fattening, unhealthy and addictive.

Marty,

I've been wanting to get this out for a long time. There's a very popular little box of cornbread mix on the grocery shelves. People buy it and love it. It's so sweet, it tastes like cake, not cornbread. Our children are growing up not even knowing what real cornbread tastes like. Maybe the sugar industry is behind this...get the children hooked early. Well, I'll make my own, thank you.

I agree. I read somewhere that they are developing a sweet Brussel sprout!! And I won't start on so-called 'convenience foods' It's amazing the things to which sugar or sweetener is added completely unnecessarily.

Marg from England.

When I was a little kid my Mama made cornbread without sugar. My friends would line up for a piece of her cornbread every time she made it. During my childhood folks had to keep their windows open in the warmer months so the whole neighborhood knew when Mama made cornbread. She made extra so my friends could have a piece and our family had some. I used to like to eat cold leftover cornbread with a glass of lemonade. Nobody told me about it I just dreamed it up. It is quite tasty. Of course it was real lemonade from squeezed lemons and sugar.