Refilling Glade Plug-ins

I've read the recipe for refilling reed diffusers. Its a great idea since the good ones are quite expensive and the ones from a dollar store just don't work all that well. My question is, does anyone know if you can use this same recipe for refilling the bottles for plug-in air fresheners, or does anyone have a recipe?

It makes me angry that the companies like Glade, etc. sell the bottles only 3/4 full. The prices are quite high when you have a few of these in the house. I have found the tops do come off so could be refilled. I'm tossing out 4 - 6 of the glass bottles every month or so. It is terrible to fill the trash with them.

By EM10 from Ontario, Canada

Answers:

Refilling Glade Plug-ins

I thought about the liquid potpourri, however, it is obvious the commercial refills for Glade products, etc. are made with an oil base and the liquid potpourri is a water base. I've tried it already finding the liquid evaporates with the heat, but does not put any smell out of the Plug Ins. Back to the drawing board. (06/11/2009)

By EM10

Refilling Glade Plug-ins

After reading EM10's post I decided to Google search for a possible inexpensive oil recipe to use and share. Just came across this link while searching that gives me pause about not using standard air fresheners at all any more. I am a fresh smell junky so will be going through major withdrawals. The information in the link is important health wise and especially if you use an ozone machine. I recently had to begin oxygen therapy when sleeping with an oxygen concentrator and since they work by way of recycling indoor air to collect and concentrate oxygen, well, the Plug-ins just got unplugged. Will be using the good old fashioned ways suggested in the link and search for other natural ways. Will share whatever I come up with you.

care2.com (06/12/2009)

By Deeli

Refilling Glade Plug-ins
Old Vacuum Cleaner and Hose
Repairing a Torn Vacuum Cleaner Hose
White Comforter
Refilling a Comforter
Plugin Air Freshener
Saving Money on Glade Plugins Refills
Refilling Liquid Containers
Refilling Liquid Containers
🎄
🍂