Refinishing Wood Floors

I am in the process of completing the striping of my old wood floors and have sanded them down to the bare wood. Can anyone help me with the easiest and most effective way to refinish them? Should I look for a stain and then a poly coat to seal them? I know that a latex coat of both is efficient these days. Can anyone describe the process?

Thanks,
Brian in Montana

Answers:

Refinishing Wood Floors

The most beautiful wooden floors are those that show a natural wood color. I have tongue and grove cedar paneling and two floors of solid wood flooring that i stripped down and used Danish oil in the natural clear tone and everything is astonishing. The reason I used Danish oil is it does not color the wood like stains do, but it brings the natural color of the wood out and it also moisturizes it to help prevent cracking, warping, and chipsplits. Also another good hint for dents or dings in wood flooring is to steam them out with a steam iron and thin pillow case or towel between the floor and the iron on high steam. Good luck. (10/21/2005)

By Antoinette

Refinishing Wood Floors
Wood Veneer Drawer
Refinishing Wood Veneer Furniture
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
Refinishing Hardwood Floors
Refinishing Hardwood Floors
Refinishing Wood Furniture
Refinishing Wood Furniture
🎄