Refrigerator Doesn't Stay Cold

I had a Kenmore refrigerator given to me and the ice froze. So I was using a blow dryer, but I left it on too long and it started to melt the plastic. Now my fridge will not cool or freeze completely. What did I do to it? How do I fix it?

By jeepchic78

Answers:

Refrigerator Doesn't Stay Cold

When we moved into our house the previous owners had left the fridge, I noticed that it didn't seem to keep stuff cold and the door was actually warm. I pulled out the fridge to clean behind it and it was pretty bad so when I pushed it back in place I removed the grill on the bottom and found the inside caked with clumps of cat hair from their cat! I vacuumed this all out and the fridge ran fine after that. So if you have pets it might be the problem, but you should clean under there every 6 months or so anyway to get all the dust out. Hope this helps. (09/25/2009)

By dwutz