Refrigerator Ice Maker Overfilling Tray

I have a GE Profile side by side refrigerator that has an ice maker that keeps overfilling the tray. It just keeps cycling water. I just recently replaced a small gear inside the ice maker housing that had several teeth missing. That did not correct the problem. I have been told that I may have to replace the head assembly, or the switches that control the fill cycle. I do not not know where these are located. Can someone help me fix this problem?

By cranemanok from Oklahoma City, OK

GE Ice Maker Overfilling Tray

I have to ask you if this has happened since you first got the fridge, because I had the same thing happen and in a "Duh" (or "Voila" if you prefer) moment I realized that there is a little bar just above the ice catcher tray/holder that you push to stop the ice flow and pull back out to restart the release of ice. If this happens to be the case for you, please let me know and I promise I will not laugh at you, but rather laugh with you.

Deeli (06/11/2009)

By Deeli

Refrigerator's Ice Maker Not Making Ice
Refrigerator's Ice Maker
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Leaking Water
Refrigerator Ice Maker
Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Getting Water
Crushed Ice
Ice Maker Only Dispensing Crushed Ice
Ice Maker
Ice Maker Not Dispensing Ice