Refrigerator Won't Shut Off

My refrigerator keeps running and won't shut off. It seems to be keeping everything at the right temperature, it just keeps running and running.

By Linda :o) from Sarcoxie, MO

Answers:

Refrigerator Won't Shut Off

The first thing I'd check is the seal. They only last so long and if they get any crud on them or disintegrate or tear, it will cost you money by the fridge constantly running. The second thing I'd mention is to make sure your freezer is full. If not then you'll need to fill up old milk or juice jugs with water and freeze them so they turn to ice. They talk about this trick on the TV all the time because a full freezer stays cold longer and is more efficient than an empty one. Thirdly, it may be your freon gas (or whatever they use these days) is running out so the motor keeps running to compensate. As far as the motor itself, I wish I could offer you more help.

Another thing you may want to try is vacuuming off the back of the fridge to clean the coils. Thy need to be clean or they won't work efficiently. (06/15/2009)

By Cyinda

Refrigerator Won't Shut Off

Thank you so much for the advice. I vacuumed out the coils, and now it works like new. I am so happy!
(06/16/2009)

By Linda :o)

Refrigerator Won't Shut Off
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Saving Money on a Refrigerator, A new side by side refrigerator and freezer in stainless steel.
Saving Money on a Refrigerator
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
Opening Frozen Car Door
Opening a Door That is Frozen Shut
🎉
🎄