Refurbishing a Fiberglass Tub

How do you refurbish an old (1970s) fiberglass tub? It has been refurbished already and is peeling, cracking, and discolored.

By tinaschraier from Orange, CA

Answers:

Refurbishing a Fiberglass Tub

Maybe it is time to replace it or try Bathfitters. They put a new plastic tub over the old one. A friend of mine did that and it looked pretty good. (04/14/2009)

By foxrun41

Refurbishing a Fiberglass Tub

Have you tried paint that is sold for fiberglass boat bottoms? I cannot recall the brand (maybe Interlux?), but about 10 years ago I used this on a bathroom sink and never had any issues with it. I know that I purchased mine at a chain hardware store (Menard's) and it was around $60, but it was hundreds cheaper than replacing the sink unit and it can be purchased in white or in multiple tints.
I hope that this helps! (04/17/2009)

By patty0747

Refurbishing a Fiberglass Tub

Probably in a hardware or home improvement store, you can find Rustoleum Tub and Tile Refinishing Kit. It can be used on ceramic, porcelain, or fiberglass tubs or walls and one kit is enough to give a tub 2-3 coats. Don't know how much wall area you're talking about, but maybe this can give you a starting point to try to figure how much you'd need. (06/05/2009)

By PupperMom

Refurbishing a Fiberglass Tub
Claw Foot Tub in Bright Bathroom
Cleaning a Claw Foot Tub
Cleaning a Fiberglass Boat
Cleaning a Fiberglass Boat
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Remove Soap Scum from Fiberglass
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub
🎉
🎄