Rehydrating Personal Cleansing Wipes

Cleansing wipes have a tendency to dry out over time as you use up the package. This is a guide about rehydrating personal cleansing wipes.

September 30, 2011 Flag

Wet wipes are just as great for personal adult use as they are for babies. I buy them initially in a container, and then refill the container with the refill packets. Wipes have a tendency to dry out, so as not to waste any I will mix the few dried out old wipes in the container with the new ones (which are usually very wet). This way, the drier wipes absorb the moisture of the new ones.

I also keep the plastic wrapping of the refills and put the wipes in it, around 3/4 of it, all except the top, where they are pulled out. This also helps to keep the wipes moist longer! Of course, I recycle the containers, and only buy refills for them as long as the container lasts. I keep it by my toilet for easy access.

P.S. The microfiber of the dried out wipes with some fusible webbing or fabric glue can be used as a patch material or reinforcement when sewing.

By Pam from Los Angeles, CA

Pam, you shared great ideas, thanks. I got frustrated when mine dried out. I found it easier to turn the whole container upside down then next time right side up. None have dried out since.

Keeper

I hadn't thought about the microfiber aspect of the wipes as reinforcement for sewing! Thanks for that! However, any dried wipes I have can be instantly re-newed by dousing them with distilled water.

October 13, 2012 Flag

What can I use to remoisten wipes in the container? The ones you use for personal wipes, not cleaning.

By Eileen

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Since the water is what evaporates, I rehydrate mine with just plain water, reseal it and it works good as new.

I use distilled water, just pour enough in the container to get wipes moistened again.

I don't see why you couldn't. I've done it with baby wipes (using them for wiping off stamps for my scrapbooking). The chemicals will still be on the cloths. They may be a slight bit diluted this time around, but I'll bet they'll still work.

I use hydrogen peroxide.

Use some water and a few drops of baby oil.

Health & Beauty AdviceJune 11, 2013
Someone using an acne cleansing pad on their face.
Homemade Oxy Cleansing Pads Recipes
Baby Wipes Container
Uses for Baby Wipes
homemade boogie wipes
Homemade Boogie Wipes
Baby Wipes
Rehydrating Baby Wipes
🎉
🎄