Rejuvenating Flarp (Noise Putty)

Flarp
(Noise Putty)
Over time Flarp can lose moisture and dry out. The result is that it loses its ability to make noise. Adding water can help restore it. This is a guide about rejuvenating Flarp (noise putty).

Does Flarp shrink and if it does what causes it? I bought a canister just over a week ago and it seemed smaller everyday. Now I can't get it to make much noise, because it just kinda falls to the bottom of the canister. It is half of its original size. Any advice?

By Nneka

Answers

Best Answer

Yes, obviously Flarp shrinks. Why? because it has water in it and appearantly you're lid isn't as tight fitting as it should be and the water is evaporating.

My husband had a can of the stuff I got him a few birthdays ago, he keeps it in the can in a zipper bag. No evaporation. Now, also watch your fingertips if you play with it much. They'll get wrinkly as if you were in a bath too long. Same reason: your fingers are absorbing the water from the Flarp.

You could try kneading in a little water, a few drops at a time to see if they'll soak in, but I don't know if it's actual water or some other liquid. Good luck!

How do you reconstitute 'Flarp' (noise putty). I left it outside it's container and now it's sort of dry. Would I use oil, water, what?

Ella from MN