Relieving a Dog's Itchy Feet

My dog has itchy feet only in the fall. What can I use to stop the chewing on the feet?

By Jean

Answers:

Relieving a Dog's Itchy Feet

If it is a fungal problem use safe effective athlete's foot spray. Write if there are hot spots or loss of hair. Sometimes it is nerves or upset of some sort. Divert attention much as you can. (08/20/2010)

By muttmom

Relieving a Dog's Itchy Feet

My dog has itchy feet also, but it is year round and caused by allergies and yeast. Wipe his/her feet with a warm rag with some apple cider vinegar on it. Wipe the feet several times a day with this and every time your dog comes in from outside. This should greatly reduce if not completely stop the itchy feet. Good luck! (08/20/2010)

By paulajeromeg

Relieving a Dog's Itchy Feet

We, too, have this problem with our dog at this time of year. It is caused by the ''bents' bug'', the bents being the grassy dunes beside the beach. The bug appears just like small blacks dots between the toes. Bathing every night in water with a little flea shampoo fixes the problem. A soothing cream can be applied afterwards if necessary. It could be something similar that you are experiencing. (08/20/2010)

By skinnyjinny

Relieving a Dog's Itchy Feet

I had a friend that put a muzzle on his little dog because he chewed on his feet in the spring and fall. I asked him when he fertilized his lawn. It was in the spring and fall. He switched to organic fertilizer for his lawn and the dog never had itchy feet again. (08/23/2010)

By Lizzyanny

Relieving a Dog's Itchy Feet
Dog With Itchy Ears
Remedies for a Dog With Itchy Ears
Remedy for Dog's Itchy Skin
Remedy for Dog's Itchy Skin
Relieving Pain from Bone Spurs
Relieving Pain from Bone Spurs
Smelly Dog Paw
Remedy for Smelly Dog Feet
🎉
🎄