Remedies for Bad Breath

I have bad breathe. I went to the doctor for my sinuses. She gave me some nasal spray and some antibiotics. But I still have bad breathe. It is so bad that I work with people who talk behind my back. I work as a waitress so that is really, really bad. Help Me!

Shorty from Columbia, MO

Answers:

Remedies for Bad Breath

I have sinus problems and I can truly sympathize. You could try getting a tongue cleaner. They can be found at most stores where the toothbrushes are sold. They work with toothpaste and scrape the top of the tongue to clean-it really helps! Also, have you tried a neti pot? They are great! They can be found in most health food stores and can be used with regular slightly warm tap water and a quarter teaspoon of either kosher salt or sea salt. It rinses out the sinuses, and you will notice a big difference. I hope this helps. Good luck! (05/23/2006)

By Giselle

Remedies for Bad Breath

Hi, Shorty, I've heard that a certain kind of bacteria (I think it's h.pylori, the same one that can cause ulcers) can cause bad breath; your doctor can test you for that and if you have it, prescribe something to get rid of it. Also, Giselle is right: cleaning the tongue cures bad breath for some people. (If cleaning your tongue makes you want to gag, try swishing ultracold ice water around in your mouth just before the cleaning; that seems to deaden the gag reflex a little.) Also, I heard that a mouth this is too dry can cause bad breath; so avoid mouthwashes, cough drops, etc. that have alcohol or any kind of drying agent in them. Chewing gum is supposed to keep the mouth moister too. Good luck! (05/23/2006)

By Lynn from Calif.

Remedies for Bad Breath

Stop drinking coffee. I had the unpleasant task of telling a colleague that her breathe was really REALLY unpleasant. But I noticed it was after she had had her morning coffee. She has switched to tea, and presto, no more bad breath. (05/23/2006)

By Ang

Remedies for Bad Breath

If you smoke, QUIT! Use the tongue scraper too. That works miracles. Floss daily. Food rots between your teeth and will stink if you don't get it out. Drink water continously. Finally, if these methods don't work, see a doctor. could be a health problem. (05/23/2006)

By Mary

Remedies for Bad Breath

My hubby gets really bad breath after drinking coffee, if you drink coffee too it may be the culprit. (05/23/2006)

By brenda thompson

Remedies for Bad Breath

Go have your dentist check your teeth, gums and mouth. Even the slightest decaying tooth will cause bad breath...your dentist can write you prescriptions for your mouth too. Dentists can most definitely help you with this sort of problem and in your line of work it is very, very important! Good Luck! (05/23/2006)

By Paula Jo Carr

Remedies for Bad Breath

Listerine whitening is very mild in taste and alcohol, but still works great in killing bad breath! And tongue cleaning works wonders, I think that is the main breeding ground! Regarding coffee for bad breath, I was wondering, is it worse for people who use cream and/or sugar? (05/23/2006)

By camo_angels

Remedies for Bad Breath

Did she give you antibiotics for the sinus infection? That may be your culprit... because antibiotics mess with your natural bacteria, and may mess up the "microsystem" and cause bad breath (same concept with stinky feet and other places...) If it subsides after the antibiotics (eat a lot of yogurt) then it may be to blame! (05/23/2006)

By camo_angels

Remedies for Bad Breath

You might also want to consider going to the health food store and buying chloryphill tablets. (05/24/2006)

By plbcrow

Remedies for Bad Breath

My dental hygienist told me to brush my tongue with my toothbrush. I bought an implement for this purpose at the drug store. It was in the toothbrush section... and inexpensive. She also told me to rinse my mouth after brushing with half a capful of Listerine mixed with half a capful of water. She said Listerine is the best. Also, I noticed it is the brand used in their office.

If you have any kind of infection in your sinuses, tonsils, or mouth, your breath will smell like infection. I recommend spraying your sinuses with salt water spray which can be purchased in the nose drop/cold remedy section of the drug store. Rinse your sinuses several times a day with this salt water spray. One brand name is Ocean Spray, but I use the generic brand.

Also, have a good dental checkup. You may have gum disease. But I'm betting its your sinuses. My daughter had a lot of trouble with hers and hers gave her bad breath. (05/24/2006)

By Carol in PA

Remedies for Bad Breath

Hi Shorty! If all of these great suggestions don't work for you, you should probably see a doctor. My daughter's problem was solved after she had her tonsils out. She used to get white spots on her tonsils but her throat didn't get sore. Anyway, I hope something helps you and I applaud you for trying to find a solution! (05/24/2006)

By Luvyabye

Remedies for Bad Breath

Be sure to floss daily, too.
(05/24/2006)

By Diana

Photo of woman covering her mouth with her turtle nick.
Remedies for Bad Breath
Jack Russell Terrier with bad breath.
Remedies for a Dog's Bad Breath
Woman with bad breath covering her mouth.
Getting Rid of Garlic Breath
Woman with disgusted expression holding her nose and holding her other hand up in front of her
My Husband Has Bad Breath
unwrapped gum on top of several foil wrapped pieces
Uses for Chewing Gum
🎉
🎄