Remedies for Bee Stings

What is the best home remedy for bee stings?

Karen from Clemmons, NC

Answers:

Remedies for Bee Stings

Thank you to everyone who responded to my bee sting remedy! Great ideas! (07/01/2008)

By Karen

Remedies for Bee Stings

I tried everything and nothing worked. Then, I made a paste of Aspirin and water and it stopped the pain. (07/02/2008)

By angel

Remedies for Bee Stings

My mom used to wrap raw bacon strips around the sting. Then after an hour or so, unwrap it and the stinger would be at a point to use tweezers to get it out. It worked for me! (07/02/2008)

By DEBRADJ.

Remedies for Bee Stings

I have heard that either a penny or nickle on the sting works. Keeping them and a quarter in your pocket also works for an emergency screw driver for a larger screw, like on a car engine. (07/03/2008)

By Poor But Proud

Remedies for Bee Stings

Oddly enough, I was stung by a bee yesterday afternoon, and found a great remedy online. There is a common weed called plantain (not the banana plant!) that when crushed and applied to the sting, gets rid of it very quickly. By 'quickly', I mean that this morning, I had no pain, swelling, or itching whatsoever. It also works for mosquito bites.

I pulled a plantain from by yard, washed it off, chopped it a little and crushed in a mortar and pestle (spoon and bowl would work fine), put a small wad of leaves on the sting, and put an extra-large bandaid over it to hold the leaves in place. I had to apply more leaves a couple of times during the evening, and kept some on overnight, but I'm telling you--the darn thing's gone except for a little mark.

Here's a link that has a good photo of plantain at the bottom: http://www.prairielandherbs.com/plantain.htm

Good luck! (07/05/2008)

By gardeneroh123

Remedies for Bee Stings

I had a bee fly up my bell bottom pants and sting :( I found that vinegar helps. Also, you can scrape off the stinger with a credit card. (07/05/2008)

By mulberry204

Remedies for Bee Stings

This is one treatment someone is always sure to have handy! Honestly, it works! I had been stung while in a volcanic crater in Hawaii. No medicines around, I was in a great deal of pain. Someone suggested, "pee on it". It is the ammonia that does it. Urine is sterile when fresh, so, if someone can fill a cup, pour it on straight. It was a life saver for me. (07/06/2008)

By Vicki

Carpenter bee on a flower.
Home Remedies for Bee Stings
Bees
Homemade Bee Repellents
Bee Trap
Making a Bee Trap
Mosquito Bites
Treating Insect Bites and Stings
Bumble Bee on a flower.
Getting Rid of Underground Bumble Bee Nest
🎉
🎄