Remedies for Bumps on Face

Category Home Remedies
Man With Bumps on Face
When facial skin breaks out, it is important to determine the cause. A visit to a dermatologist may be in order to learn the proper treatment. This guide is about remedies for bumps on face.

My friend and I have been noticing a lot of little bumps on the side of my face and on the corner of my mouth. I put Vaseline on them and it still has not gone away. What can I do?

By Allyja from Las Cruces NM

Try tooth paste for the side of your face so it can dry them up; and for the corner of your mouth try blistex to keep your lips hydrated! The Vaseline may be to oily in a sense.

I would try a trial size bottle of listerene in case it is a type of fungus, and also cocnut oil if you have it, or also vinegar might help.

What size and color are the bumps? my sons used to get their worst acne spots in that same place---both pimples that seemed to not want to come to the surface, and blackheads, especially on the borders of the lips, and the areas just in the corners of the lips. We would clean the face well, soak with a warm washcloth on the face, then apply the 'blackhead remover strips', and that worked some of the time.

I would go to a dermatologist for a proper diagnosis and treatment.

Sounds like you may have what's called a "comodogenic" reaction to something. It just means that whatever product you used before created a reaction on your skin. Stop using that product from now on. Make a paste of bicarb soda and water and use it gently like a scrub. Then wash your face with a mild cleanser of your choice and moisturise with a light moisturiser with a little rosehip oil added to it.

"Small bumps" could be anything! I doubt that Vaseline is good for anything except very dry skin or keeping water off your skin. I suspect it would do nothing or make this worse.

If these are clogged pores or acne, there are many products in your drug store that might help. Consult the druggist.

If it is some type of rash or fungus or allergic reaction, you should consult a doctor.

I have this itchy bump on my face since 2006; it is the size of small coin. A dermatologist has injected it with a medicine used for a pimple, but it didn't work. It is still right on the center of my right cheek and there are times that it is really very itchy and I can't help but scratch it.

I have been looking for a remedy for this, but until now I haven't found any. Please. help. Thank you.

By Lydia from Singaore

Answers

I would find a different dermatologist. This has been going on too long and could be something serious or turn into something more serious. Good luck.

I would see a different doctor.

You need to see a different Dr.

I have these bumps on my face, you can't see them but you can feel them. Does anybody know how to get rid of them? Please help!

Hannah from Chicago, IL

My best friend had that same problem and she did a free test from proactive. It worked for her and she didn't continue using the product after that because of the money. Now all she uses on her face is dial liquid soap to kill the bacteria.

Years ago I had the same thing. It turned out to be PABA in my moisturizer. I think they've stopped using it, but search PABA online and see what all the different names for it are. Then check your products.

I like the suggestion from Bridget to use an antibacterial soap. Unscented might be best. Hope this helps!

Could be a number of things, but I'd increase your water intake, eggs, multi-mins and minerals, cut out all waxy

foods like cheeses/ milk chocolate/ frequent sweets and caffeinated drinks/ as well as get fried foods into a better balance. Wash hands and bed linens often, don't lie on bare upholstery, throw pillows, or car upholstery. Use only liquid face cleanser with only warm water, never hot, not even in the bath. Let skin air dry before covering, adding light covering of moisturizer if dry. Eggs increase moisture in skin. Increase vegetables in your diet.

Get plenty of sleep, don't touch face more than is necessary. If it itches, use a paper towel to scratch it.

Get 10 minutes of direct sun per day. Take 1,000 mg. Calcium with vit. D. God bless and help you. : )

I have a few red itchy bumps on my face. Is there anything that will stop the itching?

By Lauren

Witch hazel or rubbing alcohol (be careful to only dab these two only on the bumps and avoid eyes, nose, lips), Benadryl or Calamine lotion (read and follow the directions). A paste made from meat tenderiser and a few drops of water should also relieve the itch.

And then you need to figure out where the bumps came from - could be an allergy, 'no-see-um' bugs, or a reaction to a new soap or cosmetic.

Any kind of antihistamine will take the itching and redness away. You can also try a cortizone (probably spelled wrong). Good luck.