Remedies for Cold Sores

Tips and ideas for treating cold sores.

I have found a very good remedy for cold sores. I use a vitamin E capsule. Sterilize a needle or pin and poke the capsule. Squeeze out some of the oil and apply to the sore.

By Louanne from Bay City, Michigan

Post your ideas below.

Answers:

Remedies for Cold Sores

I have good luck taking L-Lysine to help with my dreaded cold sores. I take 2 500 mg tablets when I first feel it. One ever 4- 6 hours after that. Nasty subject but hope it helps others. I buy L-Lysine in the vitamin section at Walmart.

(05/23/2005)

By Edie

Remedies for Cold Sores

Edie, when you do this, how long does the coldsore last? Mine take 14 days from start to finish and I'd love to try anything to help the healing. (10/23/2006)

By mikki

Remedies for Cold Sores

I like to use raw honey dabbed on a cold sore. If I catch it as soon as it starts, I can usually kill it off in a week or less. (depends on how big it was to begin with) (10/23/2006)

By Carla

Remedies for Cold Sores

A friend told me to rub your finger behind your ear, there is a secretion there that will get rid of Cold Sores. I have only had one start up since she told me this & it worked. I started as soon as I could start to feel my lip getting sore and continued for a day or two & it never developed into anything. The best things about this method it is cheap, portable, easy to apply in public & the high majority of us "Don't leave home without it". Give it a try, what's to lose? (10/23/2006)

By Faye

Remedies for Cold Sores

I use lysine and have had really good success with it Thanks (10/24/2006)

By Cindy

Remedies for Cold Sores

I get from the doctor a prescription for Valtrex. I start taking them as soon as I feel one coming, usually takes them away within 2 days. I get 500 mg of Valtrex, and keep it in the medicine cabinet. Just ask your doctor. It works. (10/25/2006)

By Linda

Remedies for Cold Sores

If you get a cold sore, try rubbing some Aquaphor Healing Ointment over the infected area. You should feel it start to heal the sore right away. It comes in a little tube but a little bit goes along way. My friend told me about this so I went to Wal*Mart and picked some up. (02/13/2008)

By Elsee

Remedies for Cold Sores

What I thinks works very well is (b)-Ice -Salt (/b). You put an ice cube up to your cold sore and use all the ice cube till half way melted then wet your lip a little and pour some salt. (11/29/2008)

By Cure!

Remedies for Cold Sores
Remedies for Cold Sores
Woman With A Cold
Homemade Cold Remedies
Remedies for Canker Sores
Remedies for Canker Sores
Campho-Phenique
Using Campho-Phenique
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding, Punch in a punch bowl.
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding
🎉
🎄