Browsing: Remedies for Cracked Fingertips

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Remedies for Cracked Fingertips

Many people suffer from cracked fingertips due to dry skin, particularly during the cold winter months. There are several remedies that can help treat this painful condition. This is a guide about remedies for cracked fingertips.

Cracked Fingertips

December 31, 2012 Flag

The tips of my fingers get small cracks in the skin. Hand creams do not solve the hurtful problem. I will appreciate any healing methods you can advise.

By Ruth

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My dad used to get those cracks on his fingertips a lot. He went to a doctor and was diagnosed with eczema. I found out not too long ago that I also have this. The dermatologist prescribed a cortisone cream for it that clears it up very well.

Get some pure lanolin, it works well to heal hands. I get those cracks as well and since I've started using lanolin, they actually healed. I put extra on mist before bed.

I get terrible cracks in my fingertips in the winter. Especially as it gets colder, more moisture is drawn from the air. So I have found it an absolute necessity to put a pan of water on the stove or use a humidifier in the winter to add the moisture back into the atmosphere. The 5 qt. pan of water is not boiling or even simmering. I set it on the back of the stove over a low flame, and it slowly evaporates. I fill it in the morning and in the evening and keep it going day and night, when it's 20 degrees or below. It has made a world of difference. I still get a crack once in a while. Then I go back to putting a dab of ointment on the crack and a band-aid, over night, and it seems to heal fairly quickly.

I use udder cream (same as bag balm). I buy it at WalMart. The brand is Udderly Smooth. I was getting long splits that were very deep. I would have multiples on each finger. I tried gluing them but the super glue only stayed for a few minutes. Since I have been using the udder cream, I have only had a few minor splits. I take several times a day and put some in my hand and then rub around the end of each finger. Then I do both hands.

Read More Answers...
Health & Beauty Home RemediesJune 8, 2013
Homemade Finger Paint
Homemade Finger Paint
removing a ring
Removing a Ring That is Stuck on Your Finger
Pipe Cleaner Bunny Finger Puppets
Making Pipe Cleaner Bunny Finger Puppets
Finger Puppets
Making Finger Puppets
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 12:04:25 AM on 10.0.0.164 in 507 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.