Remedies for Hyperpigmentation

I have been doing treatment of hyperpigmentation on my face, neck, and hands from the last 10 months, but I have gotten very little benefit. I have used Melagard 50+, Elocon, Melalite, etc., but has not seen any significant results. What should I do?

By Bhavana from Nagpur

Remedies for Hyperpigmentation

Listed below are some effective home remedies for hyperpigmentation:

• Cocoa Butter Massage for Hyperpigmentation Cure: One might massage the affected skin area with cocoa butter once or twice daily for two to three weeks. Besides being an antioxidant, cocoa butter is considered an effective skin moisturizer. While, massage can boost blood circulation and break scar tissues, together these might help in treating hyperpigmentation.

• Avocado for Natural Hyperpigmentation Cure: It is suggested that the rich source of unsaturated fatty acids vitamin E, oleic acid, etc. might help in soothing and healing skin tissues. This may treat hyperpigmentation. But, one may want to avoid avocado if allergic to latex. You may peel and mash ripe avocado and apply the juice on the affected skin area once daily.

• Lime or Lemon and Honey for Natural Hyperpigmentation Remedy: Experts believe that being rich with natural antioxidants, lime or lemon might treat free radical damage caused to the cells while honey can moisturize the skin. This might help in skin lightening, thereby treating hyperpigmentation. One might mix equally lime or lemon juice with honey and apply this on the affected skin area for 10 minutes regularly.

• Raw Potato Juice for Hyperpigmentation Treatment: Experts believe that the presence of starch and mild bleaching property in potatoes can help in skin lightening. This might help in treating hyperpigmentation. One might apply raw potato juice daily on the affected skin area once for 10 days.

By joshuaty2010

Remedies for Hyperpigmentation

joshuanty2010 has some really good home remedies, but I must mention that it saddens me to the depth of my soul that people think assorted skin colors are of so much concern. I am of mixed heritage and have a cousin who was dark skinned whose skin slowly (in patches) went to white and that caused her great consternation until she realized that it is her inner being is what mattered most and if people judged her for her loss of pigmentation then that was their problem.

Some of us are skinny, some fat, some black, brown, yellow, or white. Some have big ears, nose, mouth, or feet and some have tiny hands, lips, or eyes. When I was young thin lips and pencil thin eyebrows were what made someone pleasing and then it turned to thick eyebrows and large lips being popular. Please just celebrate what God has blessed each of us with and not worry so much about fitting in to what society deems popular. I'll venture to bet that you are quite beautiful just the way you are and simply don't know it. :-) (02/07/2011)

By Deeli

Remedies for Hyperpigmentation
Pregnant woman with morning sickness near bathroom sink
Morning Sickness Remedies
Young woman scratching her head furiously.
Dandruff Remedies
A girl sticking out her tongue.
Remedies for a Sore Tongue
Remedies for Cold Sores
Remedies for Cold Sores