Remedies for Moles on Skin

Finger pointing at a mole on skin
This is a guide about remedies for moles on skin. Consult your physician with any concerns about skin moles and tags.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to get rid of moles and skin tags?

Sherri from Columbus, OH

Best Answer

Go to a dermatologist. He can freeze the skin tags with liquid nitrogen. I have some of my tags done this way. I don't know if a dematologist would do any thing with the moles unless they looked cancerous. Usually doing cosmetic stuff to the skin can leave the skin lighter. So have it done in an area that would not show. Only dermatologist can give you the best advise.

Best Answer

I wouldn't touch a mole, BUT skin tags I would and have several times. If you can reach it, tie a piece os sewing thread around it. Just tight enough that you feel it. It shouldn't hurt. Over a few to several days the "tag" will die (turn black) and drop off. It's gone. The thread cuts off the tags blood supply. I've been told this is how it was done in the "old" days. If you can't reach it, you can always get somebody to tie a piece of thread around it. I think it's a waste of money to pay a doctor to do this, unless it's at a really bad place.

Years ago when I was pregnant, I had a tag on my upper thigh. It was bigger than usual and it would blow up like a balloon, from pregancy pressure I guess. I tied it up and it took at least a week before it dropped off. It never grew back either. This was the first time I tied one and had never heard of doing this. I thought it was something I came up with.

Try it on one and see what happens. DO NOT do anything to a mole.

Sandee

Best Answer

We've removed skin tags for years by tightly tying quilting thread around the base of it while pinching and lifting the 'tag' upwards. Put ice on big ones first, just to numb it a bit for the squeemish. Putting on a drop of Compound W wart remover seemed to speed things up a bit, too. The tags always dropped off in a few days with very little pain or annoyance. However, one time, I asked my doctor to 'freeze' off several and it hurt like crazy for hours, and seemed to take longer for them to go away. When we're SURE they are just skin tags, we always go with quilting thread from any sewing department as it is small enough yet strong enough to tie tightly. I tie a knot around the tag, then another knot or two at the side so it won't come loose, and cut it a little ways back from the knots. A drop of clear nail polish will also keep the knot tight, and we've used a bandaid over it if it rubs on clothing.

Anonymous
Best Answer

Any raised mole or any changed surface mole should always be looked at by a doctor because it could be a sign of skin cancer :-( Be safe and don't mess around with them! If you want to learn more about the subject do a thorough google search about skin moles and cancer. There are lots of sites that even show photos of what to worry about. I have hundreds of upraised moles, but had one raised one that the doctor removed for biopsy. I also have one unraised mole that changes over time (for two decades now) and I definitely keep an eye on it and having looked at photos on websites gave me enough knowledge to know whether or not it has become one to worry about.

I found an item on how to remove moles, using coriander. Please tell me how I can find this information. I have moles and skin tags that I wish to remove.

I do not like taking prescription drugs. I want to find alternatives to drugs.

Best regards.

Robert

Best Answer

I tied thread around the base of my skin tags, they actually died and fell off! I wouldn't try this with moles though.

I am African American and my dad has moles, so of course I get them. But how can I get rid of them without having marks?

Binski from Detroit Michigan

Answers:

Moles on Skin

I can tell you what not to do. I went to a dermatologist who lasered mine off. Yes, they are gone, however they left equally offensive white marks. The same thing happened to my sister. Not my idea of a great solution. (08/30/2006)

By Claudia- MD

Moles on Skin

Because moles can be cancerous, I do think you should see a dermatologist, but I think I would want an African-American dermatologist. Just guessing, but with skin color important, it seems to me a specialist with the same type skin/color would have specialized even more. Also, with the propensity of scarring (keloid) with African American skin, that specialist dermatologist would be more aware and should do a tip top job. Just an opinion from an RN of 29 years.

Good luck. (08/30/2006)

By 2oma

Moles on Skin

Take no chances and don't scratch them, because they can turn cancerous and not heal but rather spread. They are likely virus by nature. God bless you. (09/05/2006)

By Lynda