Browsing: Remedies for Poison Sumac

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Remedies for Poison Sumac

If you have had the misfortune to come in contact with poison sumac, you are likely now experiencing the itchy rash that follows. This is a guide about remedies for poison sumac.

Poison Sumac Bush
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

March 31, 2012 Flag

Do you have any remedies for sumac rash?

By Velma J

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Dab Maalox on it 2 to 3 times a day.

My husband gets poison in the summer at least one good time a year. He gets it so bad that he usually has to have prednisone. He gets it everywhere and has to cut socks and cover his arms to prevent spreading,etc. It's a real project.

I read about using apple cider vinegar on it a few times a day. We bought some Braggs A.C. vinegar and it actually DID work. He said he was shocked at how well it managed it and it didn't spread and ooze all over like it usually does. He got rid of it much quicker, it was no where near as bad and needed no meds.

He said he would always use it from now on.

August 24, 2013 Flag

Can you use toothpaste to get rid of poison sumac? I have tried everything and still have it. It's on my arms, legs, and feet. I want the redness to go away and the itch. Help me please.

By Amy

When my husband gets into poison oak, sumac, or ivy he uses rubbing alcohol to dry it up. Just keep dabbing it on the blisters and it will dry up in 2 - 3 days. If he gets blisters that won't dry, he pricks them with a pin and then dabs on the alcohol. That's the only thing that seems to help him. He also takes Benedryl to help with the itching.

July 8, 2013 Flag

My brother's dog went outside and got into poison sumac and he did not know til the next day. What is good for treating my brother's skin around the eyes, mouth, and all over his face? I also need to know how to get it off the dog as well.

By Joanna G

Hi - i found lots of information just by asking the question on Google but since this seems to be all around the face I would suggest seeing a dermatologist ASAP.

Health & Beauty Home RemediesJuly 9, 2013
Home Remedies for Poison Ivy
Home Remedies for Poison Ivy
Poison Oak leaves.
Getting Rid of Poison Oak
Sumac Bushes
Getting Rid of Sumac Bushes
Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 20, 2016 at 9:53:08 PM on 10.0.1.230 in 692 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.