Remedies for Ringworm

When people get ringworm it usually requires a visit to the doctor for medication. This guide is about remedies for ringworm.

To make a long story short, I got a ringworm while wrestling. I have had ringworms before and have gotten rid of them with pills and creams. And always my skin gets really irritated when I apply creams to it. I usually end up getting pills to get rid of them.

Anyways, it feels like a rash has taken the place of the ringworm I use to have in the center of my foot. But the rash also itches, I am going to see a dermatologist in a month. A month only because they are booked so I may have to get referred to another dermatologist by my Dr.

So I am not sure if the ringworm is killed or now, but I am still taking the pills and I stopped applying the cream because my foot seemed to get really irritated by the creams. I have had good luck with getting rid of them with pills alone, it is just that this time it is taking longer for it to stop itching.

By Michael from CA

http://www.buzz  -for-humans.html

Apple Cider Vinegar: In this form of ringworm treatment for humans, a piece of cloth is soaked in natural apple cider vinegar and then applied on the affected area for approximately 15 minutes, many times daily to fix the problem.

My Dad was a professional arc-welder and owned his own business until about 1950. He mentioned to me many times that the rays generated by the arc-welding process would kill ringworms when the skin area containing the ringworms was exposed to it. Makes sense to me.

Maybe you can find a local welding business and try it.

I, too, recommend the vinegar; just the average, grocery store shelf variety.Ringworm is actually a fungus,and requires a certain PH balanced environment to thrive. The vinegar is too acidic for it to survive in. You can apply it like the other poster said, or since it is on the bottom of your foot, just pour half an inch or so into a pan and soak your foot in it while you watch TV. Also, bleach your socks and pour vinegar in the final rinse and let it soak awhile before spinning out.

It sounds like to me you may have two issues going on at one time. Both of them fungal. I would try an atheletes foot lotion or powder. Make certain that your feet are dry before putting on your shoes, wear white socks for a while, and don't wear the same shoes two days in a row. That should help you until you make it to the dermotologist.

I'd strongly encourage you to increase your skin's natural

resistance to all things harmful by:

1) begin taking Dollar General brand Multivitamins/Minerals

"For Hair/ SKIN/ and nails" one per day, as well as one

per day of D-3, NOT just "D".

2) Buy and take one/day Bluebonnet brand Acidophylus

(I get mine from Whole Foods in the refrig. section)

3) Take NO hot water baths, only warm, because you are

most likely washing away and killing the helpful

bacteria in the natural oily barrier of your skin, the way

God created it. He does not make junk! lol

4) Use only mild Aveeno soap, preferably liquid if they now

make it. Otherwise, whatever they make.

5) When you are out of the tub/shower, use only paper

towels to dry your feet, stepping ONLY on paper towels

as well, nothing else, in case the fungus in in the moist

bath mat, carpet or on floor.

6) After blotting wet feet to damp, use a blow dryer to dry

feet completely and wait an additional 20 minutes before

putting on clean white COTTON socks, wearing them

even to sleep until well.

7) If you have pets, use dawn dish detergent to bathe them

in case the fungus spores are in their fur, bathing them

monthly.

8) change your vacuum bags and a/c filter as often as once

per month until well, then ev. two months thereafter.

9) Sweep/ mop with hydrogen peroxide/ vinegar/ water...all

hard surfaced floors, wearing socks/shoes the whole time.

10) If you work outside, wear only breathable shoes and

clean socks, changing and washing them immediately

upon finishing the work. Wear only white bleachable

socks, washing them separately from all things dirty,

such as rugs or shoes. Wash your white load last thing.

11) Use a clean old toothbrush to clean beneath your short

nails daily until well, then every other day thereafter,

using only Aveeno brand soaps.

12) Do not stand in water of any kind for any length of time,

keeping your feet, socks dry all of the time.

13) Ask permission to clean the wrestling mats with the

same Peroxide/vinegar/ water mixture (and let dry)

before AND AFTER each match, using the above for

your feet because you have to walk on the gym? floors

which may have NEVER been cleaned, nor get cleaned?

14) Make certain that your ringworm area is powder dry at

all times, (use low heat settings or air dry for 30

mins., using NO lotions of ANY kind.)

15) Make certain that you are not walking in tall grass,

weeds or a dusty barn, woodpile or on a very dusty road

or walking path.

These things are what I would do if it were my problem. I had eczema on two sides of both ankles as a teen for 14 long itching years, learning only too late that I was allergic to the rubber elastic in my sock tops. Little was known about allergies at that time, and multi vitamin/minerals were not readilly available over the counter to our knowledge. In their lack of knowledge, they were having me to wear 4" wide rubber adhesive bandages every day, all day and night, peeling away a layer of skin each time it was changed. Praise God He healed me.

My prayer for you is that you will be encouraged, greater skin bacteria-resistance and natural barrier restored and increased so that you will be able to live normally. I pray in the name of Jesus, and God bless you. Amen and amen

Both ringworm and athlete's foot are caused by the same fungus. If the cream is causing problems, try tree oil. This is very contagious, so make sure you keep area as dry as possible at all times, change towels often, and definitely don't wear the same shoes if you sweat in them until they dry completely.

If you apply cream it helps if you dry with a blow dryer on low heat. The heat kills fungus.

Does garlic really work for treating ringworm? I have had this ringworm for about 3 years now. Please help me anyone.

By Rokor from India

Ringworm is a fungus, and thus should respond to vinegar treatment. One person I read about found she had to scrub the top layer off of it before the vinegar could get in to work on it. Soak in straight vinegar twice a day and see what happens.

It is contagious, and because it itches it gets under your fingernails and from there carried to other parts of the body.

Some people swear by probiotics taken internally, such as yogurt, kefir milk, or probiotic capsules, to prevent recurrence.