Remedies for Rope Burn

A friction abrasion can be very painful, and a challenge to heal quickly. This guide is about remedies for rope burns.

Filter Sort

Question: Remedies for Rope Burn

By Pam 20 18

My Granddaughter was playing with a rope the other day and she put it around her neck and jumped off the porch when no one was looking. She now has a rope burn on her neck. We put a cold rag on it and later that night washed it in antibiotic soap and put an anticbiotic spray on it. Looks like it is ozing clear fluids and it also looks like it's starting to scab over. Is there anything else we can do?

Pam

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Khera Smith 3 1 Flag

Vitamin E. I am in the circus and I do an act called Spanish Web witch is a rope that I climb and do tricks on, so I get rope burns quite frequently. Just go to walmart, Publix, Welgreens, ext. and pick up some Vitamin E soft gels. Crack one open or poke a hole in it a squeeze some on the wound. It heals twice as fast. I have used this trick for years!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Rope Burn on My Hand

I was helping get a horse for a float when it reared up and gave me bad rope burn on my hand. It is blistering, should I go to the hospital or see a doctor?

HoLLi from VIC

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Lone M. 1 Flag

Hey I just had that happen with me trying to get my horse I sold into a trailer I looked up some answers for rope Burns on this and I found vitamin E oil/cream helps with healing quickly I also used lavender oil on the burn and it stings for a second but afterwards it's gone and you can't feel anything s no pain. As far as healing I'm not sure how long it will take but I'm giving it a try.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Relieving Pain from a Friction Burn

I slid my hand down a pole really fast. How do I stop the pain?

By Bob

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Dena Roberts 35 491 Flag

Soak your hand in a bucket of ice water! Quick!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Health & Beauty Home RemediesJune 3, 2012
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Making Soap on a Rope, Heart Shaped Soap on a Rope
Making Soap on a Rope
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Making a Rope Swing
Making a Rope Swing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 13, 2016 at 12:45:29 AM on 10.0.1.196 in 950 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestions
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings