Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Remedies for Rope Burn

A friction abrasion can be very painful, and a challenge to heal quickly. This guide is about remedies for rope burns.

January 19, 2017 Flag

The other day I was at a circus and I was on the trapeze. I slipped and I got a really bad rope burn on my upper thigh. It hurts when I stretch my skin, when water touches it, and when I touch it trying to put cream on it. I'm not sure how to get it to heal, but it's just getting worse and I need it better so I can continue training. Please help me.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You need to put an antibiotic cream on it and cover it with gauze. You can take ibuprofen to minimize the pain. If it is getting worse, it may be infected, and you will need to see a doctor.

If you suspect an infection, especially with an unhygienic situation, then the doctor is good, especially if Neosporin or whatnot did not help.

Aside from that, beleive it or not, raw honey is a GREAT product to put on skin. I have cured rashes, burns, and random chafes just by putting raw honey on wounds.

Aloe vera is also great for the skin.

oil of oregano is also good for infected flesh wounds, though it can be rather pricey

It sounds like you have a serious rope burn that will require medical attention. If the redness is spreading that means it is infected and you will probably need to see a doctor as soon as possible.

The suggestions already given really work but most of these are for a minor rope burn and it sounds like yours may be more complicated that that. It is also in a difficult area to treat and for sure - you should not let anything touch this whole area that is not absolutely sterile.

Please do not wait too long to seek medical help - at the very least - pay a visit to your local drug store and ask a pharmacist for his opinion.

If it is getting worse, then its time to go to the doctor. Cool compresses can help until your appointment. Most likely you need a prescription cream.

For the best results to get rid of bad rope burn you can us three thing 1. Petroleum jelly 2.sweet butter 3. Nesporen the on it say for burn and wear thin cotton shirt. Let me know if any of this worked for you. Good luck

I would start with Neosporin first and see if that will speed up the healing. Or if touching it, try using a spray like bactine where you don't have to touch it to apply it on the site. It relieves pain and gives you protection from infection also.

Coconut oil has healing and antibacterial properties. However, if you develop fever or the area begins to turn red around the wound you will need a prescription for Bactroban to kill or deter staph.

Use aloe vera.

September 20, 2005 Flag

My Granddaughter was playing with a rope the other day and she put it around her neck and jumped off the porch when no one was looking. She now has a rope burn on her neck. We put a cold rag on it and later that night washed it in antibiotic soap and put an anticbiotic spray on it. Looks like it is ozing clear fluids and it also looks like it's starting to scab over. Is there anything else we can do?

Pam

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have really bad rope burn on the back of my leg under my knee. It's been like this for a week and has only got worse. I've done everything I've been told to do and it now stings and burns, it looks red and white. I cant bend my leg straight of bend it to walk properly. What can I do? Someone said to put creams on it, someone else said to go to the doctors.

I have burn my fingers and my palms of my hands by sliding down from palm tree, and have a lot of pain in the burned areas and now yellow. What is the best? Need HELP

I have one on the bone on my wrist from the dog lead. I've covered it up put cream on but today when I went to change the cover it's oozing out orangy type fluid. Could this be an infection?

I got it on my foot and ankle on a school trip to the bahamas climbing a rope. Don't let anybody step on your rope burn. Mine was stepped on like 5 times and it really slowed down the healing process. Use a bandaid too keep out dirt and bacteria (and sand in my case), and be very nice to your burn. I think I could have been a little nicer, and now I have pigment damage where the burns were. They took about a month to heal.

I have to keep my dog on a rope because she likes to jump the fence, so I was out playing with her, my foot was wrapped around the rope, then I got a horrible burn. I don't know what to do with it. It's one little space on a ruler for centimeters deep. It feels like my foot is on fire and I can't do a thing about it. Please help me, I'm only 13.

I got rope burn today. I was riding my horse bareback with just a halter and lead he broke gait and i couldn't pull him up considering his hard to control even with a bit in his mouth. Anyway I just kept sliding up his wither then onto his neck. Next thing I know I was over his head n under his front legs lol.

All is well just rope burn that kills. Any ideas to help. I see lots of people say vicks. At the time I only had ointment for horses and a tube of zinc. I put that on it seemed ok with it just to sort of moisturize. I put ice on it too which was ok but any other ideas?

I'm 18 and I am a Traceur and a Gymnast. The other day I climbed the rope that the Gym had and when i was coming down I was showing off how fast I could climb down and I started falling and gripped the rope, but it burned the living daylight out of my left hand and my finger. I keep a bandaid on it and clean it every night. I still do my Parkour and Gymnastics.

A nice thing for rope burns is aloe; if you have an aloe plant you can just break off the leaves and the goopy stuff inside works like magic on rope burns! If you don't have fresh aloe, most supermarkets and pharmacies sell aloe vera gel. Aloe vera doesn't heal like fresh aloe, but it can 'cool down' your rope burn. You know, take away that "Augh! My ____ is on fire!" sensation. Trust me, I know. I was rock climbing - the kind with a rope and harness - and I lost my grip. I fell down while sliding down the rope, and I got the most painful rope burn ever!

Ice & ice water! I've had burns & rope burns over the years, usually on the hand & I keep my hand in ice water & pull it out & when the pain returns, plop it back in for as long as I can stand it, & repeat this until the pain stops. This can take a couple of hours. OF COURSE if you have SERIOUS burns you must go to the hospital, but for 1st degree burns this does the trick!

Vitamin E. I am in the circus and I do an act called Spanish Web witch is a rope that I climb and do tricks on, so I get rope burns quite frequently. Just go to walmart, Publix, Welgreens, ext. and pick up some Vitamin E soft gels. Crack one open or poke a hole in it a squeeze some on the wound. It heals twice as fast. I have used this trick for years!

October 15, 2006 Flag

I was helping get a horse for a float when it reared up and gave me bad rope burn on my hand. It is blistering, should I go to the hospital or see a doctor?

HoLLi from VIC

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Go to the health food store or pharmacy & get pure aloe vera gel. Apply to the burned area every 2 hours til nearly healed.

I'd definitely go to the doctor or the ER. When I owned a wolf, my forearm got caught up in her chain and I had a terrible burn that was excruciating. I went to my doctor and he cleaned it really well and gave me Silvadene to put on it. Helped a great deal. You need to be sure it is cleaned properly to prevent infection.

Linda in Missouri

This sounds like a rope burn-an abrasion. Keep it clean and dry, use an antibiotic ointment on it. Bandage it. If is gets oozy, red, pus comes from it or you get a fever or red streaks on your arm, see a doctor. If your last tetanus shot was more than 10 yrs ago, that would be a good idea. You can be treated in a dr. office, an ER is not necessary.

Try homeopathic causticum, 6c.

Available at health food stores for about $5.

Works for all kinds of burns.

I got a rope burn on my four fingers from trying to grab my dog. I cleaned it with peroxide and put ointment on it then a bandaid. I feel a little burn but not much. I will try the aloe vera gel. I have some around here in my house.

Hey I just had that happen with me trying to get my horse I sold into a trailer I looked up some answers for rope Burns on this and I found vitamin E oil/cream helps with healing quickly I also used lavender oil on the burn and it stings for a second but afterwards it's gone and you can't feel anything s no pain. As far as healing I'm not sure how long it will take but I'm giving it a try.

June 2, 2012 Flag

I slid my hand down a pole really fast. How do I stop the pain?

By Bob

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Soak your hand in a bucket of ice water! Quick!

Health & Beauty Home RemediesJune 3, 2012
Making Soap on a Rope, Heart Shaped Soap on a Rope
Making Soap on a Rope
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Making a Rope Swing
Making a Rope Swing
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2017 at 11:06:34 PM on 10.0.2.158 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.