Remedies for Rope Burn

A friction abrasion can be very painful, and a challenge to heal quickly. This guide is about remedies for rope burns.

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

September 20, 2005 Flag

My Granddaughter was playing with a rope the other day and she put it around her neck and jumped off the porch when no one was looking. She now has a rope burn on her neck. We put a cold rag on it and later that night washed it in antibiotic soap and put an anticbiotic spray on it. Looks like it is ozing clear fluids and it also looks like it's starting to scab over. Is there anything else we can do?

Pam

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'm 18 and I am a Traceur and a Gymnast. The other day I climbed the rope that the Gym had and when i was coming down I was showing off how fast I could climb down and I started falling and gripped the rope, but it burned the living daylight out of my left hand and my finger. I keep a bandaid on it and clean it every night. I still do my Parkour and Gymnastics.

A nice thing for rope burns is aloe; if you have an aloe plant you can just break off the leaves and the goopy stuff inside works like magic on rope burns! If you don't have fresh aloe, most supermarkets and pharmacies sell aloe vera gel. Aloe vera doesn't heal like fresh aloe, but it can 'cool down' your rope burn. You know, take away that "Augh! My ____ is on fire!" sensation. Trust me, I know. I was rock climbing - the kind with a rope and harness - and I lost my grip. I fell down while sliding down the rope, and I got the most painful rope burn ever!

Ice & ice water! I've had burns & rope burns over the years, usually on the hand & I keep my hand in ice water & pull it out & when the pain returns, plop it back in for as long as I can stand it, & repeat this until the pain stops. This can take a couple of hours. OF COURSE if you have SERIOUS burns you must go to the hospital, but for 1st degree burns this does the trick!

Vitamin E. I am in the circus and I do an act called Spanish Web witch is a rope that I climb and do tricks on, so I get rope burns quite frequently. Just go to walmart, Publix, Welgreens, ext. and pick up some Vitamin E soft gels. Crack one open or poke a hole in it a squeeze some on the wound. It heals twice as fast. I have used this trick for years!

Read More Answers...

October 15, 2006 Flag

I was helping get a horse for a float when it reared up and gave me bad rope burn on my hand. It is blistering, should I go to the hospital or see a doctor?

HoLLi from VIC

This sounds like a rope burn-an abrasion. Keep it clean and dry, use an antibiotic ointment on it. Bandage it. If is gets oozy, red, pus comes from it or you get a fever or red streaks on your arm, see a doctor. If your last tetanus shot was more than 10 yrs ago, that would be a good idea. You can be treated in a dr. office, an ER is not necessary.

Try homeopathic causticum, 6c.

Available at health food stores for about $5.

Works for all kinds of burns.

I got a rope burn on my four fingers from trying to grab my dog. I cleaned it with peroxide and put ointment on it then a bandaid. I feel a little burn but not much. I will try the aloe vera gel. I have some around here in my house.

Hey I just had that happen with me trying to get my horse I sold into a trailer I looked up some answers for rope Burns on this and I found vitamin E oil/cream helps with healing quickly I also used lavender oil on the burn and it stings for a second but afterwards it's gone and you can't feel anything s no pain. As far as healing I'm not sure how long it will take but I'm giving it a try.

Read More Answers...

June 2, 2012 Flag

I slid my hand down a pole really fast. How do I stop the pain?

By Bob

Soak your hand in a bucket of ice water! Quick!

Health & Beauty Home RemediesJune 3, 2012
Making Soap on a Rope, Heart Shaped Soap on a Rope
Making Soap on a Rope
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Making a Rope Swing
Making a Rope Swing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 8:28:08 PM on 10.0.2.135 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.