Remedies for Rope Burn

A friction abrasion can be very painful, and a challenge to heal quickly. This guide is about remedies for rope burns.

September 20, 2005 Flag

My Granddaughter was playing with a rope the other day and she put it around her neck and jumped off the porch when no one was looking. She now has a rope burn on her neck. We put a cold rag on it and later that night washed it in antibiotic soap and put an anticbiotic spray on it. Looks like it is ozing clear fluids and it also looks like it's starting to scab over. Is there anything else we can do?

Pam

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have really bad rope burn on the back of my leg under my knee. It's been like this for a week and has only got worse. I've done everything I've been told to do and it now stings and burns, it looks red and white. I cant bend my leg straight of bend it to walk properly. What can I do? Someone said to put creams on it, someone else said to go to the doctors.

I have burn my fingers and my palms of my hands by sliding down from palm tree, and have a lot of pain in the burned areas and now yellow. What is the best? Need HELP

I have one on the bone on my wrist from the dog lead. I've covered it up put cream on but today when I went to change the cover it's oozing out orangy type fluid. Could this be an infection?

I got it on my foot and ankle on a school trip to the bahamas climbing a rope. Don't let anybody step on your rope burn. Mine was stepped on like 5 times and it really slowed down the healing process. Use a bandaid too keep out dirt and bacteria (and sand in my case), and be very nice to your burn. I think I could have been a little nicer, and now I have pigment damage where the burns were. They took about a month to heal.

I have to keep my dog on a rope because she likes to jump the fence, so I was out playing with her, my foot was wrapped around the rope, then I got a horrible burn. I don't know what to do with it. It's one little space on a ruler for centimeters deep. It feels like my foot is on fire and I can't do a thing about it. Please help me, I'm only 13.

I got rope burn today. I was riding my horse bareback with just a halter and lead he broke gait and i couldn't pull him up considering his hard to control even with a bit in his mouth. Anyway I just kept sliding up his wither then onto his neck. Next thing I know I was over his head n under his front legs lol.

All is well just rope burn that kills. Any ideas to help. I see lots of people say vicks. At the time I only had ointment for horses and a tube of zinc. I put that on it seemed ok with it just to sort of moisturize. I put ice on it too which was ok but any other ideas?

I'm 18 and I am a Traceur and a Gymnast. The other day I climbed the rope that the Gym had and when i was coming down I was showing off how fast I could climb down and I started falling and gripped the rope, but it burned the living daylight out of my left hand and my finger. I keep a bandaid on it and clean it every night. I still do my Parkour and Gymnastics.

A nice thing for rope burns is aloe; if you have an aloe plant you can just break off the leaves and the goopy stuff inside works like magic on rope burns! If you don't have fresh aloe, most supermarkets and pharmacies sell aloe vera gel. Aloe vera doesn't heal like fresh aloe, but it can 'cool down' your rope burn. You know, take away that "Augh! My ____ is on fire!" sensation. Trust me, I know. I was rock climbing - the kind with a rope and harness - and I lost my grip. I fell down while sliding down the rope, and I got the most painful rope burn ever!

Ice & ice water! I've had burns & rope burns over the years, usually on the hand & I keep my hand in ice water & pull it out & when the pain returns, plop it back in for as long as I can stand it, & repeat this until the pain stops. This can take a couple of hours. OF COURSE if you have SERIOUS burns you must go to the hospital, but for 1st degree burns this does the trick!

Vitamin E. I am in the circus and I do an act called Spanish Web witch is a rope that I climb and do tricks on, so I get rope burns quite frequently. Just go to walmart, Publix, Welgreens, ext. and pick up some Vitamin E soft gels. Crack one open or poke a hole in it a squeeze some on the wound. It heals twice as fast. I have used this trick for years!

I am an equestrian and in other terms i ride horses. So now i guess you could only imagine how many rope burns i get, so i have learned hoe to treat them. so what i do is soak my hands in peroxide and wait for the oozing to stop and wipe my hand with the burns with a clean towel. and what i recommend is neosporin or vasoline. so what ever you choose to use i cover the burn in the ointment of your choice, in gauze and wrap medical tape around your finger with some slack so you don't hurt yourself. than once you have finished that you will need an ace wrap and cut it large enough to wrap around your burn at least twice. And the last part is securing the ace wrap around your finger. i recommend a hair tie, wrapped around as many times you choose. And that is all i hope this helps you as much as it helps me have a great rest of your day.

Read More Answers...

October 15, 2006 Flag

I was helping get a horse for a float when it reared up and gave me bad rope burn on my hand. It is blistering, should I go to the hospital or see a doctor?

HoLLi from VIC

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Go to the health food store or pharmacy & get pure aloe vera gel. Apply to the burned area every 2 hours til nearly healed.

I'd definitely go to the doctor or the ER. When I owned a wolf, my forearm got caught up in her chain and I had a terrible burn that was excruciating. I went to my doctor and he cleaned it really well and gave me Silvadene to put on it. Helped a great deal. You need to be sure it is cleaned properly to prevent infection.

Linda in Missouri

This sounds like a rope burn-an abrasion. Keep it clean and dry, use an antibiotic ointment on it. Bandage it. If is gets oozy, red, pus comes from it or you get a fever or red streaks on your arm, see a doctor. If your last tetanus shot was more than 10 yrs ago, that would be a good idea. You can be treated in a dr. office, an ER is not necessary.

Try homeopathic causticum, 6c.

Available at health food stores for about $5.

Works for all kinds of burns.

I got a rope burn on my four fingers from trying to grab my dog. I cleaned it with peroxide and put ointment on it then a bandaid. I feel a little burn but not much. I will try the aloe vera gel. I have some around here in my house.

Hey I just had that happen with me trying to get my horse I sold into a trailer I looked up some answers for rope Burns on this and I found vitamin E oil/cream helps with healing quickly I also used lavender oil on the burn and it stings for a second but afterwards it's gone and you can't feel anything s no pain. As far as healing I'm not sure how long it will take but I'm giving it a try.

June 2, 2012 Flag

I slid my hand down a pole really fast. How do I stop the pain?

By Bob

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Soak your hand in a bucket of ice water! Quick!

Health & Beauty Home RemediesJune 3, 2012
Making Soap on a Rope, Heart Shaped Soap on a Rope
Making Soap on a Rope
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Making a Rope Swing
Making a Rope Swing
🎉
🎄