Remedies for Sensitive Teeth

Category Home Remedies
A woman with sensitive teeth.
When your teeth are sensitive it can make eating and drinking very uncomfortable. This guide contains remedies for sensitive teeth.

I must credit my own dentist for this hint. My teeth have been getting extra sensitive lately, even after using Sensitive Toothpaste. I told my doctor and we discussed the new sensitive strips.

HE suggested (since they are expensive) that I add my sensitive toothpaste into one of those whitening tooth molds that I had anyway. They also sell them at dollar stores. He recommended to put the sensitive toothpaste in the mold and leave it on my teeth around 15 to 20 minutes to actually work, since just brushing with either sensitive toothpaste OR whitening toothpaste does not stay on the teeth long enough to actually work.

I tried it and it did help with the sensitivity too!

My upper tooth is very painful down the front, it doesn't hurt to chew. It's gotten worse though and really hurts with hot and cold liquids. I'm confused though, as it's the front of the tooth and not the back or the middle. That's not the problem, so it seems.

By Andrew from Derby

Best Answer

There are sensitive teeth toothpastes that will decrease the hot/cold sensitivity, as long as it is not caused by a problem. If you can, ask a dentist.

Best Answer

When I had this problem several years ago, it was because my gums were receding slightly, exposing a very sensitive area at the top of the tooth. I used a toothpaste for sensitive teeth and that helped a lot. Eventually, my dentist put in "gum line fillings", just in the exposed area. I haven't had that problem since. It's been awhile, but as I recall, it wasn't terribly expensive.