Share Crafts

Remedies for Shingles Pain

Find relief for the pain and itching of this disorder. This guide is about remedies for shingles pain.

Solutions: Remedies for Shingles Pain

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Home Remedies For Shingles

I recently had shingles on the back side of my leg. I first had a slight headache, felt bad, and my buttocks on that side of my body hurt like my sciatic nerve was acting up. I had to go out of town for a funeral and the day of the service I had two bumps (I thought they were heat bumps) on the back of my leg. The next day I had more.

By the time I returned home and got in to see my dermatologist, it had been 4 days since my first bumps had appeared. I was given a shot and prescribed Valtrex. After taking two tablets of Valtrex I found I couldn't take it because of a bad reaction to it. I felt I had to have something around my house for the itching and pain, and ended up using Chiggerex medicated ointment with aloe vera gel. I couldn't believe how it stopped the pain and dried the blisters up. When I went back to doctor on the following Monday, all the sores were dried up. It works great.

By hoodoo from Baton Rouge, LA

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Remedies for Shingles Pain.

Question: Relief for Shingles Pain

Anyone have any home remedies to relieve the pain during the first stages of shingles?

By Dawn

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Best Answers

By Patricia Hamm 4 151 02/05/2012

Chiggerex medicated ointment with aloe vera gel. This was a remedy given on this site about a year ago.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Lilac 20 1,331 02/05/2012

With shingles it is best to keep them dry. L-Lysine which can be bought over the counter will give you relief. It also works for cold sores. It is taken by mouth. An ice pack over a dry cloth will also give you relief. Wear loose light clothing. The L-Lysine is a miricle in my opinion. I get shingles often and have had chicken pox three times.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Question: Geranium Oil For Shingles

Does anyone have information about using geranium oil for the treatment of shingles? I misplaced my information about using geranium oil and another type of oil for relieving the pain of shingles. I would appreciate any help. I know two people who are suffering from this and would like to pass on this information.

Thank you,
Mike from NE Pennsylvania

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By sandy 77 431 11/02/2006

mom soaked towels in warmed vinegar and a bit of water and put them on my dads shingles. it smelled but the vinegar dried those things up. vinegar has wonderful healing properties.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No