Remedies for Ticks on Dogs

What would work good for ticks on dogs?

By Randy B. from nw AR

Answers:

Remedies for Ticks on Dogs

My dog just turned 9. She is a German Shorthair. She gets Frontline for her size. I apply every 6 weeks rather than monthly. Never have we had a tick on her. The vet says that is very unusual. She loves a diet of raw veggies from the garden as well. Maybe that is the secret? Besides her Science Diet, she is a push over for anything munchy and crunchy. She is not allowed near the gardens unleashed or I would have nothing for the freezers! (06/12/2010)

By T&T Grandma

Remedies for Ticks on Dogs

I use Comfortis on my dogs for fleas and ticks. Even with that they bring a tick in the house once in a while, but not often.

(06/13/2010)

By clynnaltemus

Remedies for Ticks on Dogs

Frontline applied monthly keeps ticks and fleas away. If a tick does get on the dog, it dies before it can transmit any diseases. I buy mine online from 1-800-petmeds, they have the best prices and free shipping. (06/15/2010)

By Marfette

Remedies for Ticks on Dogs

I use Frontline plus on my two Boxer/Bullmastiff mixes we get it from Petco. If you want to get a tick off a dog you take a cotton ball and put some hand soap on it hold it on the tick for about 2-3 minutes and the tick will come right off. If your worried about diseases, dab just a teeny bit of rubbing alcohol on the spot. Hope I helped. (06/22/2010)

By ineedanswers