Remedies for Worms in Dogs

Some pet owners prefer to treat worms with products and remedies other than medications from a vet. This is a guide about remedies for worms in dogs.

July 31, 2016 Flag

Does anyone know a home remedy for worms in cats/dogs?

Best Answer

I use this product for my cats and my kittens. It works on worms, parasites and fleas. It's called Diatomaceous Earth (D.E.). There are two types of D.E., pool grade and food grade. Food grade is the one you want. You can also used it on yourself. It kills any parasites that you may have. It is a natural product. You can use it on kittens to get rid of fleas. I put a 1/2 tsp. in their cat food and in the kitten's bottles. I sprinkled the D.E. on all my carpets, left it on for three hours. Then I vacuumed it up and got rid of the contents right away. I took a pair of panty hose and cut the leg off and filled it with D.E. Tie a knot and use it to powder your cats and kittens. Please put a paper towel over their face so they do not breathe it in. That goes for you too, it is not good to breathe it in. You can also use this product for roaches, ants, and any other bugs that have a hard shell. You can use it in your garden. It will not kill earthworms because they do not have a hard shell. I found it on Amazon. Make sure that the D.E. that you get is <b>Food Grade</b>. Good luck!

Best Answer

July 9, 2011 Flag

Does anyone know of an organic (home remedy) for worms in dogs? I have tried several over the counter treatments and my Yorkie still has worms. I am disabled and can not afford to take him to the vet, and my vet will not let me make payments. It really hurts me to see my dog so uncomfortable. Please help!

By Janice I.

Best Answer

I have used a product called diatomaceous earth for quite a while now. I bought it on the internet. It has to be food grade to use on animals. There is another grade which is used for swimming pools, etc. You sprinkle a little on the dog's food every day for a month. After that you only use it once a month, I think. It kills the worms with no effect on the dog. I swear by it.

Best Answer

August 6, 2015 Flag

My dogs have these long skinny white worms in their poo. I was told that nicotine from cigarettes gets rid of worms. He said mix it in the can of food and the dogs will eat it and that it won't hurt them at all. Is that true?

Best Answer

Hi,

Those are roundworms. Go to any farm supply store or Tractor Supply store and get Nemex.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr ... -2-pyrantel-pamoate-oral-liquid-2-oz

Best Answer

February 21, 2011 Flag

My Yorkie has tapeworms and the vet is charging too much. What are some remedies to kill tape worms?

By Martin from Houston, TX

Best Answer

I have worked for a Veterinarian for over 27 years and there is not a home remedy for tapeworms. Tapeworms are caused by fleas. Please apply advantage or frontline to your fur baby. Please take your baby to the Veterinarian for the proper medication to treat her. Good luck

Best Answer

September 29, 2013 Flag

My mom was given a puppy from our neighbor because it was either find someone or send it to the pound and my mom wouldn't let that happen. Recently, I've noticed, both in her feces and as she laying down, coming out of her rear end, some white larva looking worms (almost positive they're roundworms). I read on a separate site that you could try a home remedy and give her cloves to get rid of them, but it wasn't exactly specific on how much or how to feed them to her (whether to crush them up or whole), so what should I do?

By Kristina M.

Best Answer

Take this sweet puppy to your Veterinarian.

February 23, 2015 Flag

I just bought an 8 week old, 3/4 Husky, 1/4 Shepherd puppy from a lady. She told me she dewormed it, but no shots. Is there anyway of knowing if she actually did deworming, as well how often should deworming be done? What is the lowest cost place possible to get the wormer, as I am a single mom with sole custody and tight on funds.

By Stacey

Best Answer

Usually a pup's 1st worming is at 2 weeks. Then at 4 or 6 weeks. It's not a big problem, the vet can tell if a worming is needed when you go for shots etc. I have no idea about vets in your country :) Enjoy your pet and good luck.

Best Answer

October 18, 2016 Flag

What is a home remedy to get rid of hook worms? I have a 9 week old Pit. Her gums are pitch white and she grunts a lot. I just gave her a dewormer that's for hook worms, tape worms, and another type. I'm really worried about her. Please help!

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

When a puppy has white or gray gums they are very sick, and in danger of dying. Your dog needs health care immediately. If you can afford it get her to the Vet who will see you the quickest. An emergency vet would be appropriate. You can surrender your dog to the humane society and she will receive medical care and be found a new home. Whatever you do, dont wait.

August 26, 2015 Flag

I have 2 dogs and I have bought the Dog Worms 3. I gave the first dose and it has not killed the worms. I need to know when is it safe to give the second dose. I have tried the diatomaceous earth and it had no affect. I am desperate. The vets here want full payment and I cannot pay the 85.00 that they want. Please help.

Best Answer

There are several worm varieties that your dog might have. Some worms such as roundworms can be killed by "over the counter" worm medications. However, "over the counter" medications do not always work effectively because, very often, the dog owner chooses the wrong medication or does not provide the medication properly. If the problems continue, the only effective treatment should be with a veterinarian.

Other species of worms, such as heartworms, require ongoing veterinarian care for evaluation, tests and prescription medication, usually provided over time.

September 6, 2013 Flag

How do I manage my dog's worms without dog wormer?

By Andrea W from Stover, MO

Best Answer

Food grade Diatomaceous Earth. Get it at your local feed store. Do an web search on DE for all the benefits.

Best Answer

March 2, 2011 Flag

What can I use at home to get rid of my dog's worms? I have spent lots of money on different dewormers from the store and still he has worms. I would like to try something from home. Please help.

By Lora from Rio Vista, CA

Best Answer

Go to a feedstore and get a bag of diatomaceous earth. Call first and find out if it's sold in small sizes. It cost me $2 for a 1 pound bag.

It can be mixed in the animal's food or applied to its coat. It works and it's cheap:

"Pets:

In case a bug decides to take up residence in their fur. You can protect them and yourself with Fossil Shell Flour (diatomaceous earth). When lightly rubbed into their coats it is very effective against fleas, ticks, lice, and other pests on pet dogs, cats, and their premises. You can puff it into the soft furniture in your house, the rug and all over the basement too.

Diatomaceous Earth Kills Pests Naturally - It is a mineral dust mined from quarries that kills the insects when they come in contact with it and it does vaporize or go away over time. Once it's in place it works every time and it's nontoxic..

It can also be used as an organic wormer and will kill any worms or parasites the pets may have.

* Cows/Horses get 1-2 oz per day

* Sheep/Goats/Hogs get 1/2 oz per day

* Cats get 1/2 teaspoon per day

* Large Cats - 1 teaspoon

* Kittens - 1/4 teaspoon

* Dog 100 lbs + - 2 tablespoon

* 50 - 100lbs - 1 tablespoon

* Under 50 lbs - 1 teaspoons

* Mini dogs - 1/2 teaspoon ..." -

http://www.dirtworks.net/Diatomaceous-Earth.html

November 27, 2013 Flag

Hi, my puppy is 3-4 months old. My husband and I noticed 2 white flat worms on her butt. From what I read they're called tapeworms. So my question is how can you get rid of the parasites a natural way, without going to the vet?

Load More
Pets Dogs AdviceFebruary 24, 2013
Worm in the Lawn
Getting Rid of Worms in the Lawn
growing tomatoes
Worms Eating Tomatoes
cat
Remedies for Worms in Cats
A dog and its owner.
Can Humans Catch Worms From Dogs?
🎉
🎄