Remedies for an Ingrown Toenail

What can I do at home for ingrown toenails?

By Martha from Cleburne, TX

Answers:

Remedies for an Ingrown Toenail

Cut a small pie shaped section in the middle of the toenail. The nail will pull out from the sides to grow the nail back as it was. It worked for my husband. (10/22/2009)

By midarter

Remedies for an Ingrown Toenail

Cutting a V may work (this worked for me). As painful as it may be, you want to have an edge of a matchbook (or similar cardboard) under the ingrown nail. Put the foot in semi-hot water and after, use a nail file to raise the nail a little bit, enough to slide the edge of cardboard between the nail and the skin. It doesn't have to go far, just enough to keep the nail from cutting into the skin. Take away the nail file, leave the cardboard, pamper the foot and soak it with some Epsom salts in the water a couple times a day if you can. The cardboard keeps the nail from cutting into the skin. It worked, and I am very careful when cutting my nails, not. That was so painful. (11/03/2009)

By tennesue