Remedies for an Ingrown Toenail

What home remedy can I use to get rid of an ingrown toe nail?

By Charmane from Oxon Hill, MD

Answers:

Remedies for an Ingrown Toenail

First, soak your foot/toe in warm to hot water. Take a matchbook cover and tear the corner off. Pry the ingrown corner up a little (and this may/will hurt a bit, that's why you soak it first). Put the edge of the matchbook cover under the pried up toe part. Don't take it off for 2-4 days. This has worked for me. Also, I am really careful about trimming my nails, now. (12/19/2009)

By tennesue

Remedies for an Ingrown Toenail

Hydrogen Peroxide is a great way to clean things out. Then, soak it in hot salt water, to draw out any infections. And yes, a small toothpick end, or rolled up TP or cardboard is good as long as it keeps its shape and strength. Don't get it wet.

You can get something at the drug or department stores called "finger cots". It's basically little latex (beware of any allergies) fingertips that you roll down over an injured finger. The ones designed for the thumbs would work and on down to pinky size depending on what toe is infected.

Once it grows out some, keep the peroxide in it and pack it with salt when you can, after getting the toe area wet.

They are hard to get rid of, but keeping them cut straight across like the doc says will help.

Also Google the care you need and see if we are close to the mark. (12/20/2009)

By Poor But Proud

Remedies for an Ingrown Toenail

I go right up to our local Knails place and have a pedicure done. She always gets mine out and for $15 it is worth it to me. (12/20/2009)

By Paula Jo

A foot with an ingrown toenail.
Remedies for Ingrown Toenails
Remedies for Ingrown Hairs, Man Plucking Eyebrows
Remedies for Ingrown Hairs
hole in sock exposing big toe nail with smiley face
Treating A Damaged Toenail
Dog Has a Hurt Toenail
Dog Has a Hurt Toenail
Photo of a toe with toenail fungus.
Getting Rid of Toenail Fungus
🎄